Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 1:58:38 PM EDT
I just got a Ka-Bar BK11 Bekcer Necker.  
Has anyone cord wrapped one?  the ends seem kind of round and hard to keep cord on.  The holes seem smallish to get 2 cord through.  How did you do It?
What is the hook on the but for?  Bottle opener?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just got a Ka-Bar BK11 Bekcer Necker.  
Has anyone cord wrapped one?  the ends seem kind of round and hard to keep cord on.  The holes seem smallish to get 2 cord through.  How did you do It?
What is the hook on the but for?  Bottle opener?
I don't do cord wraps but yes, the "hook" on the butt is bottle opener...

Check HERE for vids of cord wraps...

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#2]
you could always try waxed twine. thats skinny and should give you a good grip.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:22:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Since no one would help, I had to do it myself
originally

wrapped

I single wrapped short under and put a double twist over. (Yes that is a paper clip holding the angle for the camera)

I also totally put a new edge on.  The factory edge shaved but when I went to wrap, it wouldn't cut paracord.  I ground for a while with a Smith's Precision (Wal-Mart knock off of the Lansky Sharpener) and it came out as sharp as the factory edge on my Falkniven when cutting paracord.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:48:07 AM EDT
[#4]
You can get two cords in the holes.  I cord wrapped mine and I now daily carry it when I'm not at work, horizontally, left of the belt buckle.

Good luck.

Merlin
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top