Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2009 5:38:07 PM EDT
OK all, I am looking for a microtech clone of an OTF model (unless you know of a place that gives a hell of a deal for active military- $400 is too much for me). I know the pro's and cons of real vs clone, and I am not looking for a $10 pot metal copy, but a usable clone.

Interested in a:

HALO III
UTX-70
Makora
Scarab

I am new to this, so I am looking for those of you in the know to pass along some of your secret websites...

Any help appreciated, feel free to send a message or email as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:13:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you really want a MT clone? or a less exspensive OTF? Paragon used to make a decent OTF called the ATKO 10 for around 150.00. I have one and while it's not a MT its a very nice knife.

http://nicnac.net/en-us/dept_15.html

I would stay away from the clones....they are generally crap. And they will fail you with any kind of use at all.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#2]
They cost the price for a reason. If you want to use if and not just have it for a toy, its worth the cost for quality. I would never want it to fail when i needed it. Specially if you are active military or LEO as you imply with your question about discounts.If you dont want to spend the cash on a nice out the front cause its to much, why not get a nice auto or nice fixed blade?

Pat
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:00:12 AM EDT
[#3]
With an OTF, buying a crap knife may actually be a safety risk.  Just save up.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#4]
You get what you pay for. Stay away from clones they are made with poor QC andpoor quality materials.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#5]
anyone have experience with this one?

http://www.bladeplay.com/item––Thunder-DA-OTF-Automatic––4348

seems to be at least a decent offering
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:08:11 AM EDT
[#6]
keep your eyes open for a good used one.

I got a Microtech OTF Troodon in the EE for $150. It was in great shape. Guy was getting a divorce and needed cash.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#7]
WOW.  Let me know if you run across another...
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top