Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2009 6:29:13 PM EDT
Been offered a Dogfather, but it doesn't have the Scrapyard imprint on it.  It looks to have this finish, which is their Dumpster Mutt from the site:

Any way to know for sure?  
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of them don't have the imprint. I haven't heard of anybody
counterfeiting SY knives, but you could always check with the guys on
the Scrapyard forum if you'd like.
the Dogfather is one hell of a Chopper!

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
sheesh... edited because I'm a dumbass that quotes his own post instead of editing.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A lot of them don't have the imprint. I haven't heard of anybodycounterfeiting SY knives, but you could always check with the guys onthe Scrapyard forum if you'd like.

the Dogfather is one hell of a Chopper!

Indeed it is!  And it seems to be okay - short of some sort of destructive testing, it's hard to say...I guess I'll see what the forum guys might say about it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
it should hold up as well as a Busse or Swamp Rat. you might be able to google their destructive tests.  the Busse choppin through a cinder block is pretty impressive
i have a Swamp Rat Battle Rat and love it. I know lots of Swamp Rat knives don't have logs, but i'd check on their forum to be sure.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I should also add to my above comments... I have a Yard Guard, and it does not have the logo, either.  Personally, I don't think you have anything to worry about.  

One thing, though... there was a run of Dogfathers (early on) that had a flaw in the steel from the manufacturer (not Scrapyard... the steel manufacturer).  There were air bubbles in the steel.  It wasn't Scrapyard's fault; they had no way of knowing.  But if you wind up with one, and you're chopping, and a big chip comes out of it, let them know and they'll do you right.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top