Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 12:33:24 PM EDT
I am looking for a fixed blade similar in size, shape, and functionality of TOPS Sky Marshal. The problem I have is the price they are asking for it. I am looking for somthing around the $75.00 range.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmm, that is a shorter fixed blade.

You should check out the Swamp Rat Bandicoot or the Swamp Rat Howling Rat. Even though they are not tanto blades, they should be infinitely more useful in design, and much tougher than the Tops. Here is a link to the site.

www.swampratknifeworks.com/knives.html

Also, for something a little less expensive, but very tough in its own right, check out the Becker line of knives. They use a very tough Carbon Steel thats holds a great edge and is very tough. In terms of blade length,  the Crewman and the Companion are your best choices. These are awesome blades for the money. Heres a couple links:

The Crewman:
www.knifeworks.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3122

The Companion:
www.knifeworks.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1003

Go to www.bladeforums.com and do some research. There is a ton of info over there. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:13:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know what the Tops SM looks like, but a great utility/fighting knife is the Gerber LMT2. Check it out. I bought one just for fun and I love it, the sheath alone is great.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing in the size and your price range.  SOG used to have something close in their Recon but it is now discontinued.  Buck makes a Stider version which is very close to the design but the blade length is 7".  One thing with TOPS knives is they can be found highly discounted from some of their authorized dealers.  Do a google search for TOPS Sky Marshall and you can probably find it in the $110-$125 range
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top