Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2005 4:59:28 PM EDT
Here are a few pics of my recently acquired 16.5 inch Chiruwa Ang Khola from Himalayan Imports. This blade is an absolute workhorse. I have chopped alot of stuff with it so far and it still looks brand new and the edge has'nt suffered at all, still as sharp as when I got it. These guys know how to make an amazing blade. Some of the toughest in the world. Handmade by Kami Kumar, who does excellent work. Enjoy.

Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, very nice.

Got a link you can post?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nice, very nice.

Got a link you can post?

Here is a link to the Himalayan Imports website. You can order from their store, which is linked on their website. They have awesome customer service. These Khukuri's are considered by many to be the best in the world. There is tons of info at their site on how they are made and such.

www.himalayan-imports.com/

You should also visit their forums on Bladeforums, which is moderated by the owner Yangdu. She posts specials everyday. You can learn everything you wanted to know about Khukuris over there.

www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=739

Be very careful though, they are extremely addictive.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the links.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the links.

No problem, just be careful. Before long your credit cards will be maxed out and you will be bankrupt. Here is the 20" 28 oz. Chitlangi by Bura that I just received today in the mail.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#5]
These are very nice; I've been thinking about getting one of these for awhile.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#6]
very nice.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
These are very nice; I've been thinking about getting one of these for awhile.

Thanks. You definitely should, you won't regret it.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#8]
How much did shipping run?  was going to buy one out of Nepal then the shipping total cost more than the knife by $2.  $37+ to ship a $35 knife.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How much did shipping run?  was going to buy one out of Nepal then the shipping total cost more than the knife by $2.  $37+ to ship a $35 knife.

Shipping is free on their site unless you are outside the US. Yangdu actually ships the blades out of Nevada after receiving them from Nepal. It is also included on the daily deals posted on Bladeforums. The knive on the daily deals are usually $50 bucks or so cheaper than on their regular shopping site, it's just a matter of being able to shark them up in time before others do. Here is an example of the latest deals:

www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378783

That Ganga Ram special is usually $195. That just shows how awesome the daily deals are. Yangdu is on vacation until the end of the month, so no more deals until then but Im sure she will have some awesome blades lined up when she returns.

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top