Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2021 11:00:28 AM EDT
Shooting mainly mil-surp ammo, standard rate of fire, cleaning bore with a bore snake and CLP after every 30 rounds.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#1]
4000 rounds would be a realistic number.  I’d expect your throat erosion and wallet to be limiting factor.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
More than I can afford. I’d guess under 2k but honestly for what I use them for I’d probably not notice until it got real bad.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Aren't the new ones all chrome lined? Does that help life expectancy? I was hoping for more

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#5]
We had military guns come in that only had the chrome chamber. They had in excess of 10k down the barrel and had very little throat erosion and still gave 2.5MOA with M33 ball ammo.

One Air Force gun came in that had almost 20k rounds of various types and still had a nice bore. Very little heat checking in the throat and the first inch or so of the lands and grooves.

Take care of the barrel and it will last a long time.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We had military guns come in that only had the chrome chamber. They had in excess of 10k down the barrel and had very little throat erosion and still gave 2.5MOA with M33 ball ammo.

One Air Force gun came in that had almost 20k rounds of various types and still had a nice bore. Very little heat checking in the throat and the first inch or so of the lands and grooves.

View Quote

I feel much better about my purchase now.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Name checks out!

Always good to read from people who know instead of speculation.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#8]
What are Barrett’s barrels made of? I thought of this when i watched a review video on PGM’s Hecate II’s and they advertise their barrels to be FN made Stellite barrels.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and me both.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What are Barrett’s barrels made of? I thought of this when i watched a review video on PGM’s Hecate II’s and they advertise their barrels to be FN made Stellite barrels.
View Quote

Seem to remember they are made from 4140.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You and me both.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and me both.

Same here.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 2:32:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I need to shoot mike pappas at deadair silencers an email about his 82a1. He’s shot it so much that he’s had to ream out the front barrel guide in the upper and replace it to tighten up the tolerances again.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Would be interested in his response.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top