Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 3:34:20 PM EDT
I've been looking at rifles and it seems like my mind changes every few days, like things about one not the other, scale tips back and forth, well you know the drill. What if I were to buy a action, barrel, stock, trigger, brake and the other things. What kind of $$$$ would i be looking at to have a smith put it together, and how hard is it to find a reputable operation that will do .50 bmg work?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Well the thing is if I were to have one built it would probably be on a Mcmillan action, lilja barrel (36" or so), and more than likely a mcmillan fatmac stock. I'd like an edm but they don't seem to want to add on a handguard or build one with a longer barrel and I was told by knesek that mcmillan doesn't do custom orders anymore, just build a run in one style and then make another run a little different and so on. Maybe i'll just have to buy one and deal with the shorter barrel.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a 300 RUM built with a SAKO action, Lilja barrel, BC Stock, Vais MB that I provided.  When I spoke with Dan Lilja ordering the barrel the G-Smith he recommended was Truman Wilson in Montrose CO.  Did a beautiful job in machine work assembly and stock fitting for $925 circa 2002.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top