BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 8:41:37 PM EDT
BLUEGRASS ARMORY VIPER
or the
AR50

any ideas how how much. i will be goign through an FFL dealer so i can get it at dealer cost save money only way to go...
thanks please give your input as well
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#1]
i told my friend to go with the BARRETT 99 if he can afford it yeah its about 800 or so more than the AR50 from what i have seen.
just my opinion on the 50's

but please keep in mind that must be 2500.00 or less
thanks please give me your feedback on this
thanks
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:39:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I've narrowed it down to these two as well.

I'm hoping people who own, or have shot both will check in.

Wondering about recoil. I know the AR50 is heavier, and I know the muzzle brake is very effective on the AR50. Wondering how the recoil is on the Viper. Accuracy comments too.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Well if you look down the page a bit you will see alot of comments on the ar50.  Do not let yourself say im only spending 2500 bucks on it.  If you are gonna pinch pennies then a .50 is probably not right for you.  all said and done I have around 4500 in my ar50.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#4]
both of these AR50's run around the 2500 range maybe a little bit more but  my friend will be getting ihis 50 cal from a dealer so more than likely get it at dealer cost. so cheaper than retial
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy the Serbu BFG50.  You WILL NOT be disappointed.  Great quality, good price, very accurate.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Then... if you want to actually USE your rifle at the ranges it was designed to shoot, you have to put GOOD/GREAT glass on it.  Factor that into your costs along with rifle cases, cleaning gear, expensive Ammo, front/rear rests, etc.  And if you plan on reloading, the costs will get even higher.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#7]
im in for about 5g total on my 50 project. this was everything from the gun to all the reloading stuff.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#8]
For around 2K you can get one of the most accurate, reliable, portable,  50 cal. delivery systems around.  Not to mention the customer service which is one of the best in the firearms industry.

Consider a Serbu.

BD1

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top