Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 7:23:48 AM EDT
Just wondering where I can get a swinging AR500 target for the .50bmg..

I am asuming that 1/2 AR500 will stand up to a .50bmg?

Any other suggestions or where I can buy the steel to make ne myself?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, when I bought my 3/8" steel from this place they would only sell me 4'x8' and they cut it down to 12"x12" squares with two holes cut to makes gongs.  The total shipped was $700+.... {I got 32 plates}

At 150yds standard 50cal ball ammo bends the steel slightly.  I would think that 1/2" steel might fair better, but maybe you might want to look into 3/4".

My 3/8"x12"x12" plates are about 15lbs each.....

The stuff they sell is a special abrasion resistant formulation of AR500, and from what I have seen of other "AR500" plates it holds up a little better.....

Or you could contact www.MGMTargets.com and see if they have anything they can specify for a 50BMG target.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#2]
The half-inch AR500 we have isn't touched by the 750gr AMAX, even at 100 yards, provided the mount allows target movement.

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top