Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2004 10:18:01 PM EDT
I was wondering if any of you guys have one, or have shot one. The $1800 price tag isn't bad and I was most probably goning to get one.
Link Posted: 4/22/2004 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I am a huge advocate of State Arms! The shorty is a GREAT rifle. If you can shoot 1000 yards often then you may look at the "Rebel" if not the Shorty is the best choice as it is really more of a 600+ yard gun.

The rifle is made very well, bipod comes standard and is very adjustable. S.A. also comes with scope rings unlike many others, most others do not come with Bipods nor are there bipods as well made or as adjustable. Recoil is minimal on the S.A. rifles and the owner is a stand up guy too.

You will not be disapointed with State Arms rifles.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked up my Shorty today and wow, this one big rifle. Being that this is my first 50 I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice. I plan on mounting a Springfield Armory 6x20x56, which I believe should hold up. Input would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#3]
There are mixed reviews on the Spingfield scopes and and the 50's. They will work fo a while, depending how much you shoot it it can last a long time. The Hindenburg made 4 successful flights too. Night Force and  Leupold are the top choices for the 50.  Do a search on www.biggerhammer.org and you you can learn alot of info on optics for 50's. welcome to the 50 world! Now join the fifty caliber shooters assn.  at www.fcsa.org and help keep places open to shoot the thing and our ability to own them safe. Congrats and be safe.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:47:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Just wondering if you can get the Shorty anywhere except directly from. Is there a dealer list anywhere?
Anyone got a used one they want to sell?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a Rebel for sale with extras on biggerhammer for $2000.00
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top