Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:41:01 AM EDT
[#1]

But then I considered all the firepower under his roof, enough to arm a small band of rebels with some very destructive weaponry. And no matter how soccer mom-ish it might seem, I think I'd just as soon the F.B.I. or the Secret Service knew a little more than they know today about who it is exactly who has possession of all this stuff.

What a little pussy.  Screw him, the Gov has no need to know what we have.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]
"Sniper Rifle" whatever, the book "hard target interdiction", is a text for some SF courses on sniping it is for using the 50 cal. In the foreward the author says if whatever you are shooting at isnt big enough to need a 50 to kill it, then use something balistically superior to shoot it with like a 300 win mag.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 5:18:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Goes to show he don't know S***. The .50 has the highest BC's of any small arms. Now if he would of said something about the trajectory, that would be a different story.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#4]
im sure I misquoted him but I guess you know what I meant to convey about what he means
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]
This article was one very biased anti-gun piece of sh@#.  Even though the big 50. cal has sooo much destructive power, how many people really own them??  I've wanted a 50 for years and finally got one just a couple of weeks ago.  It took me ten years to aquire a weapon like that, and thats probably the case for lots of people.  They are expensive to buy, shoot, scope, and maintain.  The only real threat these guns pose is too the wallet.  Plus, how many people are going to lug a 30 pound+ gun to a crime scene.  Not too many.  And not too mention, most people who own the 50, have a single shot, and not $10,000 semi-auto barret that everyone wants.  This guy is a turd that doesn't know Sh%#.  

Buy a 50. before they are gone.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Goes to show he don't know S***. The .50 has the highest BC's of any small arms. Now if he would of said something about the trajectory, that would be a different story.

Kind of funny you say that Dean doesn't know shit. He's probably one of the top authorities in the world on large calibre weapons employment in the sniper role. He's one of the key players in the developementof the .408 Cheytac and he's closly associated with the Windrunner. Ballistic Coefficient is just a number.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Okay... You lost me but for your own info, I was referring to the guy writing the story.

I wasn't referring to Dean and yes, I know who he his.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 2:42:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry, thought you were refering to B4Ctom1's post and the bit about using something ballistically superior.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top