Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2003 5:56:41 AM EDT
I just bought my first 50 cal.  an Armalite AR-50.  It is an awesome gun and shoots great but I need to get a scope that matches the quality of the gun.  Any suggestions???

Fat Pug
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The vast majority of 50 shooters with opinions will tell you Leupold or Nightforce. I personally had a Super Sniper 20X on my AR50 for about 2.5 years with about 1200 rounds through it. Zero problems and I'd do it over again. Others have had the SS crap out with less than 100 rounds. A friend had a SS10X on his Serbu for a long time but replaced it with a SS20X just for more magnification. I guess he was happy with his too.

I just went to a SA Gov't Gen 3 just because its bigger and has an extra knob. Actually I moved the SS to an AR10 and needed a new scope and the Springfield has some great features for the $$$. Your AR50 has pretty mild recoil so either of these scopes should serve you well.

Welcome to the 50 Club.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 4:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I went with the Leupold Mark IV M1-16x40
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=599

Oooo!  Your a lefty like me, good to see that there are others with the left handed disease.

By the by, nice rifle.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Serbu BFG-50 here and shooting a super sniper also on mine....
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=599

Oooo!  Your a lefty like me, good to see that there are others with the left handed disease.

By the by, nice rifle.

Thanks!

The only thing I do left handed is shoot.

Come to GunStock and you can shoot it.

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top