Posted: 3/7/2018 4:49:10 PM EDT
I just got the new NRA Instructor Program pricing, and FN offers:

#56460   FN M249S
#56501   FN M249S Standard FDE
#56509   FN M249S PARA
#56502   FN M249S PARA FDE
#46-100028   M249S Standard FDE Gen 2
#46-100030   M249S Para FDE Gen 2

I've never heard of the last two, and the FN website doesn't appear to show them as separate models.  Anyone know?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I would assume that they all would come from the factory now with the recall work done, so the idea of the updated slidehammer ( or whatever trigger work is done??) for gen II is probably out!!

Doc
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Was the discount good?

Idk maybe they redesigned the bcg group or trigger group.. The one I have has all of the latest and greatest upgrades that my old posties didn’t. Excluding the bcg trigger and sear.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Was the discount good?
View Quote
The discount is always applied as a percentage off MSRP.  I think it usually is about the same as one can get from a mom-and-pop store if you have a relationship with them.  Standard model is $7,249 for example.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The one I have has all of the latest and greatest upgrades that my old posties didn't. Excluding the bcg trigger and sear.
View Quote
What are these upgrades, and where can I read about them?

Were they applied equally to M249 and MK46 production?
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#5]
My favorite is the upgraded feed tray, has a couple fingers to hold the belt from slipping.

Railed top cover, improved feed pawls.

If yours was a minimi like my old ones were it uses a different recoil system, but that is pretty old news.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top