Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2011 7:40:42 PM EDT
anyone?

been thinking about doing it any pro's or con's to this?

sick of all the light primer strikes and i don't want to go through the aggravation of sending my gun back to fn

thanks
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
If you shoot nothing but hard primered mil ammo remove your spring with no worries. If you remove the spring completely you "could" run into problems with slamfires with soft primed .223 ammo.

I have read that people removed a coil with snips and the problem went away, basically shortening the spring a bit
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#2]
First question is what color trigger pack do you have?  Is it an older rifle, with the secondary sear in the front of the trigger pack?  Removing 1 or 2 coils from the spring will do all that is needed to get better strikes.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I have owned 3 FS2Ks to date.
2 are early SN (In the 6000 range)and snipping the spring two links completely eliminated the problem.

The later SN (52000 range) never had any such problem.

Wulfmann
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks all,

yes,
mine is in the 5500 serial # range with the original trigger pack with the secondary sear  and I do mostly shoot mil surplus ammo so i'll try trimming back the spring
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

thanks all,

yes,

mine is in the 5500 serial # range with the original trigger pack with the secondary sear  and I do mostly shoot mil surplus ammo so i'll try trimming back the spring

DO NOT send you FS2000 in to FN for service if you ever need to with the "dark: trigger pack.  You will never get it back.

Link Posted: 11/16/2011 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an earlier FS2000.  I removed the captive spring since I experienced some failure to detonate with military ammo.  Since then I have had no problems with failures to detonate or slamfires.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 0040xx numbered gun. Something I should know?
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a 0040xx numbered gun. Something I should know?

Back in the day fs2000's came with military hammer packs and heavier military firing pins. Some users ran into slam firing problems/ firing out of battery when using light primered commercial ammo. In an effort to correct the problem, they issued a recall, switching out the firing pins with lighter ones that included a captive spring, they also took people's black trigger packs and replaced them with white ones with lighter hammer springs. They over corrected and this resulted in thousands of guns having light strike issues when shooting hard primered milsurp ammo.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay. I have a white pak in mine. I shot about 100 rds of WWB last outing. Didn't have any problems.

Wish I could get a happy switch for it. Oh well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 7:40:14 AM EDT
[#10]
removed 3 coils from mine, no issues whatsoever, i run wolf, federal, bvac, prvi, and anything else i can find.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top