Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 12/16/2019 6:44:03 PM EDT
I see one YouTube video with a guy running a rdias in a ks47.  But no discussion of how he did it.

Anyone know if a stock in box gen 2 works?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several PSA KS47 uppers that I run in full auto with my MGI lowers using the MGI AK magwells.  So I'd think worst case, you may have to get someone to mill the shelf in the lower IF it isn't low shelf already.

I also run a KS47 upper in 5.45x39 using the MGI AK74 magwell.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I will take a look at those lowers too.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Mgi is pretty pricey.  Do they work in ak mag format?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mgi is pretty pricey.  Do they work in ak mag format?
View Quote
?  Sorry don't understand the question....yes they work with unmodified AK mags / drums if that is what you're asking?

Below is an old pic of some of my setups...
Yes, pricey but I guess I pay for the convenience....one Geissele SSF and I'm not moving it around to different lowers.  
And now that I'm using the Tubb flat spring and RB5007 it handles most of my configurations.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 8:34:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Very cool approach.  Sorry for lack of clarity.  I wondered if the mgi in 762x39 functioned well.

I have two or 3 lowers with the ssf.  If I had a calculator I could have seen that your approach was probably a better financial move.

Do all the calibers function well?

I have seen several of the PSA ks47s at the range everyone loves theirs.  I have a ar magazine 762x39 and it runs ok but I would really like an ak mag version and would like to explore a 9mm.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, they all run well.  You can check out some vids on my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/c3junkie/videos?view_as=subscriber

I like the MGI AK mag catch better than KS47 or original AR-47 lower by Michaels Machines (I have one of those also).  Those are both flapper style.  The MGI design is push button...AR style to release the mag.  Works very well.

Now the MGI AK magwells were designed around the use of steel mags and drums and the polymer mags may require some fitting.  I pretty much run mine with drums all the time....no fitting with drums.

For 9mm, I would highly recommend going with the CMMG radially delayed blowback and skip all the straight blowback configurations.  https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Full-Auto-CMMG-Guard-Tuning/23-494385/

You can also check out https://www.windhamweaponry.com/firearms/rifles/mutli-caliber-systems/
I think they licensed it from MGI.  I know friends that have MGI lowers and bought Windham magwells and they drop right on.

The picture I posted above is pretty dated...since going to the CMMG RDB system, I use a standard AR magwell and just use the new MEAN Arms Endomags, so not using the 9mm Mag block anymore.  I also sold my GG magwell and setup and wish I never did that.  However, I really like last round BHO and you don't have that with GG mags which is one reason I let it go.

So for me, I really just use the AR magwell and the AK47 and AK74 magwell (which is very hard to find these days).

So if you are really interested in the AR magwell and AK47 magwell, may not be worth it to you.

However if you like to tinker....the MGI is the ultimate...
I am also getting a 3D printer and thinking about printing my own magwells...like a DPMS GII to run .308 and maybe one to accept Scorpion mags and then use the CMMG Radially delayed blowback in 9mm with it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 9:52:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Great post.  Thanks a million.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top