Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2020 7:09:26 PM EDT
I found my first edition (actually not bound, it's a black binder) of the "Machine Gun Dealers Bible" while going through some things. Is it worth anything these days? I remember back in the day, I'm talking around 10 years ago not when it was actually made, there was some decent interest in it from the MG crowd, if for no other reason than nostalgia/history, as some of the regulatory parts are obviously out of date now. I would consider parting with it depending on what it might fetch, especially considering I just don't have the bandwidth to fully appreciate it and would rather someone else that is into it to have it & care for it. I haven't decided so please don't try to message me directly about it at this point, after all I was pretty persistent in hunting it down for a few years in order to acquire it years ago, so I have some sentimental attachment for that aspect alone but probably would pass it on if it could fetch just a little extra money.

ETA: I just realized some may interpret this as something that should be posted in EE. I am really not trying to promote or sell here, I'm mostly curious what people think and if there's still people around that even remember this thing... Or if it's just something from a bygone era at this point.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Not really worth much other than "hey, remember the Machinegun Dealer's Bible?"

The information is so incredibly outdated. Just think of all the legislation that has passed since it was printed. How much the forms have changed. How processes and procedures have changed. How much the agencies have changed. I have mine from when I was an 07/02-SOT a decade ago, it was given to me by a retiring 07/02-SOT, and it was incredibly outdated then.

Throw it up on eBay or GB. Maybe someone sentimental or unaware of how dated it is will buy it. Otherwise, rack it on the bookshelf between "MAC MAN" and "MG34-MG42 German Universal Machineguns"

ETA: Don't toss it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I sold the black binder edition for $50 a while back.

Edit: Nearly impossible to find, but the latest edition soft bound edition is listed for $350-$400+ on Bookfinder.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:54:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I also have that original copy as I had my C3 1990 - 1994 had a lot of fun and learned a lot back than. Hell I bought 10 Fleming Sears @ $375 each. Still have two. The Bible, not worth much but I'll hang on to mine.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Wonder what my copy might be worth. It's an office copy from the Machine Gun News office. I got it from John Ford, Vida Ford's husband. She was the publisher and I think John was the production manager.
 Got a few other goodies as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top