Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2020 2:49:15 PM EDT
Anyone have any input or experience with a Tactical Innovations 22 upper assembly and 275 rd drum on an M16??

looking at getting one for when my M16 comes in (in a  year)
I see they are back ordered on the website.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I had looked into them.   There are some videos of them running and look like a fun set up.  Reviews are mixed and you really have to search to get information.  The gen2 is supposed to be more reliable.  I don’t like any upper set up that you have to change out the fire control group or use weaker hammer springs.

Do a lot of google searching on getting M16s to run with .22 kits or uppers.  It seems to be a crap shoot.
I have a 9 million series M16 roll marked Colt.   I am having very good luck using a CMMG dedicated barrel and bolt assembly with trip and weight kit.  I have a Geissele SSF trigger group with a Badass selector and Colt sear.
I seem to be one of the lucky ones that hasn’t had to do a lot of tinkering.

I also have a Freedom Ordnance FM-9 Belt fed upper that runs very well with my lower set up using amphibians 9mm buffer set up.

Hope the wait is not long for you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#2]
what kind of links does the Freedom belt fed use?
any feeding issues?
is it finicky about ammo
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#3]
FM-9 uses steel links.  Has been feeding good.  It’s the gen 1 version so doesn’t feed last two links.  Going to send it in to get the gen 2 conversion some time.  Have been using Win. white box and S&B 115 fmj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top