Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2012 3:54:42 AM EDT
How do I get on the list for one of these machines?

-Erik
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 5:06:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How do I get on the list for one of these machines?

-Erik

Just email them and they will put you on the list. They will email you when your number comes up.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Just as an FYI: I've been on the list for a year, give or take two weeks.

I mailed Jackie the other day to check on status, and was told I'm currently #85 on the list and it will be another 4-5 months.

If you think there's even a chance you may want one, I'd suggest getting on the list ASAP. There's no deposit required, and if you decide you don't want it when your number comes up, they don't care at all if you cancel as it'll just go to the next person down.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I mailed Jackie the other day to check on status, and was told I'm currently #85 on the list and it will be another 4-5 months.

If you think there's even a chance you may want one, I'd suggest getting on the list ASAP. There's no deposit required, and if you decide you don't want it when your number comes up, they don't care at all if you cancel as it'll just go to the next person down.

Agreed. I've been on for a bit over a year as well...last I heard I was looking at March or April for a delivery date.
Same advice goes for their .22lr kits which can take awhile as well (get on the list early)
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Done.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. I've been on for a bit over a year as well...last I heard I was looking at March or April for a delivery date.
Same advice goes for their .22lr kits which can take awhile as well (get on the list early)

I got on back in September and it was 8-9 months
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine shipped yesterday and I will have it Thursday or Friday!
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 8:16:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Post an update when you get it and shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a guarantee!  I'm waiting on a 1/2x28 adapter for my MIMS silencer and once that comes in I will run the whole shebang.  I got on the original list for the Max-31 back in Fall of 2010 as number 55 so it has been a long wait.  Magdumping the 72rnd drums I have been stockpiling will make it all worthwhile.

Link Posted: 2/1/2012 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a guarantee!  I'm waiting on a 1/2x28 adapter for my MIMS silencer and once that comes in I will run the whole shebang.  I got on the original list for the Max-31 back in Fall of 2010 as number 55 so it has been a long wait.  Magdumping the 72rnd drums I have been stockpiling will make it all worthwhile.

Hmmm, IIRC I got on it in late fall 2010 as well (before i even had a MAC) hopefully it won't be long for me either at this point.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#10]
slightly off topic, but do the max 11 kits have the same wait periods?
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No, they are usually a much faster turnaround. 6-8 weeks? Maybe a bit more? They will let you know about how long you are looking at when they put you on the list.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#12]
awesome.  i think that just convinced me to get an M11.  

thanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I got mine about 4 weeks after going on the "list" here a month or so ago.

Too bad i still have a long ass wait on the gun.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 2:52:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got mine about 4 weeks after going on the "list" here a month or so ago.

Too bad i still have a long ass wait on the gun.

At least you have the kit. You won't have to wait when you finally do get it. The upper completely changes the gun.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#15]
It's here!  ACE folder on the way, trying to figure out what optic and backup sights to get.

Drums rock.

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 8:16:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's here!  ACE folder on the way, trying to figure out what optic and backup sights to get.

Drums rock.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/Andrapos/Max-31.jpg

The ace folder will look good on that gun.

Go over to uzitalk for advice on the sights and optics, they have a realy good MAC section

FWIW, the SWD M11/9 had kind of shitty build quality, there are a few parts in the FCG that you might want to think about upgrading.

Most notably the sear.

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 8:26:18 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd like to see more for the M10/45.

Seems like all there is currently is the MAX-10. There was early talk of a .22 kit, but never happened.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drums rock.
http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/Andrapos/Max-31.jpg

The ace folder will look good on that gun.

Go over to uzitalk for advice on the sights and optics, they have a realy good MAC section

FWIW, the SWD M11/9 had kind of shitty build quality, there are a few parts in the FCG that you might want to think about upgrading.

Most notably the sear.

I'm already a few steps ahead on that

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Seems like all there is currently is the MAX-10. There was early talk of a .22 kit, but never happened.

There's a 22 kit, just not by Lage.

http://www.practicalpage.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=66
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 10:05:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah... not sure i'd trust it though. At least it's not subcal...but.... it sure as shit ain't a Lage.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah... not sure i'd trust it though. At least it's not subcal...but.... it sure as shit ain't a Lage.

I have it, it works OK.

I would say it's grade B, a solid B but not an B+ or an A

it does run like 2000 rpm

I don't have the lage 22 kit so i cannot compare the two

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have it, it works OK.

I have a subcal that's been modded to death, and still doesn't run for shit. After being bit in the ass by that cluster, I'm a bit gunshy, so to speak.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'd like to see more for the M10/45.

someday Lage is going to run out of people to sell lage uppers to and expand into MAC10s more

but right now he has waiting lists out 15 months or more, I don't forsee him breaking his ass to add more product lines

another thing to consider is the fact that the M10 is an excellent little machine pistol in stock form, so the demand might be lower for new uppers.

plus the M10 is overbuilt and heavy, adding an upper pushes the weight over 10 lbs

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
but right now he has waiting lists out 15 months or more, I don't forsee him breaking his ass to add more product lines

Oh I know. I own MAX-10 #6. I got on the original list very early. Just seems odd, Not long after the Max-9 came out, the Max-10 did.

You'd figure that after the MAX-9/22, would be the MAX-10/22. Odd progression IMHO...I understand it's business, but i'm sure there are some M10 owners that feel snubbed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have it, it works OK.

I have a subcal that's been modded to death, and still doesn't run for shit. After being bit in the ass by that cluster, I'm a bit gunshy, so to speak.

Well, mine fails to properly eject about once every mag or two and is wearing the feed lips on the mags a little.

so I need to tweak the stops on the mags a little bit, get them to sit a little lower in the mag well.

aside from that, the operation of the kit is robust, I'd say it's worth the money.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well, mine fails to properly eject about once every mag or two and is wearing the feed lips on the mags a little.

so I need to tweak the stops on the mags a little bit, get them to sit a little lower in the mag well.

aside from that, the operation of the kit is robust, I'd say it's worth the money.

Yeah....that would piss me off to no end. one failure per mag makes it pointless to me. On semi it's not a big deal. But you don't get a full auto to shoot in semi.

I've had suprisingly good luck with the AC556 .22 kit. It dumps mags left and right. Easily have 1 jam in 20 mags or less with the right ammo (rem goldens, for some odd reason).
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 6:08:52 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm just gonna leave these here  

and plain old boring    (not)

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 6:20:22 AM EDT
[#28]

Nicely done!  My folder should be here Thursday, still haven't picked an optic yet.

How do you like the EOTech?

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Nicely done!  My folder should be here Thursday, still haven't picked an optic yet.

How do you like the EOTech?

thank you!
I think its the perfect optic.  I have one on each upper.  65moa ring is very fast and for shooting steel, etc just put it in the middle and squeeze.  the center dot is good for finer stuff (like zeroing the weapon and smaller targets).
the eotech is a little wide for these uppers though, I will admit that.  but on the max31 just put it behind where the furthest back the cocking knob would go and on the max11 just use an extending cocking knob.  no worries.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#31]

correct.  its ok.  gets a bit gassy due to volume of fire.  I'm sure there's super whiz bang better out there, but it serves its (dual) role for me.
the DELTA sounds better, of course.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Ace 7.5" folder arrived today!  Tossed on a fake ACOG since I don't have a real one and then took a few pics with the gun set up different ways.  I like the 5" flash hider so I don't accidentally sweep the muzzle with my support hand but the super short and tucked in barrel makes the whole thing easier to swing around.

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Yup, I think that folding ACE skeleton stock is a really good match for a MAC.

It seems to suit the overall appearance of the gun, especially the Lage versions.

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#34]
194, 12-15 months.    Think thats about how long i waited for teh max-11
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:30:51 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Yup, I think that folding ACE skeleton stock is a really good match for a MAC.

It seems to suit the overall appearance of the gun, especially the Lage versions.

I agree, although I wound up taking off the 1" pad - it would snag on my clothing making it difficult to shoulder quickly.  I bet the pad (or maybe the 1/2" pad) would be fine if I didn't have a folding adapter and the Lage adapter all stacked together.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:31:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

194, 12-15 months.    Think thats about how long i waited for teh max-11

So you already know it's worth the wait  

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:15:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ace 7.5" folder arrived today!  Tossed on a fake ACOG since I don't have a real one and then took a few pics with the gun set up different ways.  I like the 5" flash hider so I don't accidentally sweep the muzzle with my support hand but the super short and tucked in barrel makes the whole thing easier to swing around.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/Andrapos/LAGEMax31.jpg

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/Andrapos/LAGEMax31-2.jpg

MUST SHOOT THIS THING
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top