Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2009 9:14:00 PM EDT
from my understanding in order to put one of those upside down mags on the front of a G30 it would need to be a REGISTERED AOW correct?  
my brother just got the G30 and was looking at cool stuff for it on line and mentioned that, i told him about the AOW and he seemed to not believe me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a gray area at best,  but if the BATF sees it as a VFG then yes it would be an AOW, personally I wouldnt be cought dead with one in my possesion as I beleive it was intended to be used as a VFG when they designed it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#2]
This is why that is such a TERRIBLE idea!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11fcg543Jow
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 1:01:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I can guarantee they'll consider that a VFG. Here's the ATF letter on the subject:

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 1:49:34 AM EDT
[#4]
ORIGINALLY - look for it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

i don't get it?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i don't get it?

...weapon orginally designed...

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i don't get it?

Better read a little closer, it addresses a person adding a VFG to a pistol is thereby "Making" an AOW and would have to register it on a form 1 prior to "Making".

It is definitely a NO GO!

To lawfully add a vertical fore grip to a handgun, a person must make an appropriate application on ATF Form 1, “Application to Make and Register a Firearm.” The applicant must submit the completed form, along with a fingerprint card bearing the applicant’s fingerprints; a photograph; and $200.00. The application will be reviewed by the NFA Branch. If the applicant is not prohibited from possessing a firearm under Federal, State, or local law, and possession of an “AOW” is not prohibited in the applicant’s State of residence, the form will be approved. Only then may the person add a vertical fore grip to the designated handgun.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/041006-vert_grip.htm

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:57:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i don't get it?

Better read a little closer, it addresses a person adding a VFG to a pistol is thereby "Making" an AOW and would have to register it on a form 1 prior to "Making".

It is definitely a NO GO!

To lawfully add a vertical fore grip to a handgun, a person must make an appropriate application on ATF Form 1, “Application to Make and Register a Firearm.” The applicant must submit the completed form, along with a fingerprint card bearing the applicant’s fingerprints; a photograph; and $200.00. The application will be reviewed by the NFA Branch. If the applicant is not prohibited from possessing a firearm under Federal, State, or local law, and possession of an “AOW” is not prohibited in the applicant’s State of residence, the form will be approved. Only then may the person add a vertical fore grip to the designated handgun.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/041006-vert_grip.htm

I don't agree with their ruling but I do follow it.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#9]
this isn't going to happen, he just saw one online and mentioned something about, then i mentioned it needing to be an AOW.  i don't get the idea of needing a front grip anyway unless you have a full auto and even then.... i watched the vid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top