Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2018 2:25:01 AM EDT
Are there any ways to LEGALLY import a demilled DD (would it even be considered a DD if it's demilled?)
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 7:14:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Are there any ways to LEGALLY import a demilled DD (would it even be considered a DD if it's demilled?)
View Quote

Once demilled it would not be a DD. For example you can have Russian and British tanks inported after their main gun is demilled. Once in the US you can form 4 the gun and repair it to working condition....easier said than done of course
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Minor correction, but you'd Form 1 to re-build the DD.

Above info is my understanding as well. That's how they import RPG-7 launchers etc. The pros have bonded import businesses and a Foreign Trade Zone, and typically demil within the FTZ using their own personnel, to ensure BATFE compliance.

DDs, like all NFA, may also be imported intact for official use only. It could then be transferred to a DD dealer/manufacturer (like a pre-86 dealer sample). It could potentially transfer to any SOT (usually 1x per year) if ATF allows it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
What are you eyeing?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What are you eyeing?
View Quote
^This. And can we group buy????
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Old school tag
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 1:21:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

^This. And can we group buy????
View Quote
Just doing some thinking, so nothing in particular at the moment! If there's an option for a group buy I will definitely let you guys know
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 1:33:37 AM EDT
[#7]
The ATF already has "standards" for most common designs. For example. RPG7 launcher.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The ATF already has "standards" for most common designs. For example. RPG7 launcher.
View Quote
Also, the person submitting the Form 6 for import can request the demil be done in a manner that still renders the DD inoperable but not exactly like others that have already been imported.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#9]
How would an artillery piece be demilled for example? I have heard that if you do not possess a barrel that fits onto the breech block you are g2g...?
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How would an artillery piece be demilled for example? I have heard that if you do not possess a barrel that fits onto the breech block you are g2g...?
View Quote
The prescribed method of demil for tanks, anti-tank guns or artillery is to cut the breech with at torch cut with at least 1/4" minimum displacement and a hole in the high-pressure area (the chamber) equal to the bore of the barrel. I've done this with Leopard tanks and Chieftain tanks. Also, if you plan on bringing in vehicle, you have to drill holes into the smoke launcher tubes that are equal to the diameter of the smoke grenades.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#11]
How about a bunch of hk69a1...
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
You get a line on a bunch of those and we can do some business.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Best of luck, I tried for years to get a bunch together to import. Even as parts, even without barrels, they'd be worth good money on the market. However, they just aren't available for purchase outside of military/agency sales.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 12:17:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Where's one available (cheap) for agency sales? I've got some official use to be doing with that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top