User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Assuming you mean the vented cap for flow-through functionality, it is definitely not similarly quiet compared to non-flow through suppressors. On a short barreled 5.56, it's sort of average with the standard cap, but it is noticeably louder with the vented one.

The inconel model might be great at flash suppression, but my own Helios QD Ti, with a few hundred rounds through it so far, sparks like an actual sparkler and is literally the brightest can in that dark that I own.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The CGS HELIOS QD Ti seems to also be a flow through with the proper front cap and it’s 4 ounces lighter with the direct thread insert. It’s an inch longer but the diameter is proper. Seems like a no brainer going with the CGS HELIOS QD Ti if minimizing blowback is a priority. I believe it may reduce flash better and both should be similarly quieter at the ear than non flow through suppressors.
maybe ?

Assuming you mean the vented cap for flow-through functionality, it is definitely not similarly quiet compared to non-flow through suppressors. On a short barreled 5.56, it's sort of average with the standard cap, but it is noticeably louder with the vented one.

The inconel model might be great at flash suppression, but my own Helios QD Ti, with a few hundred rounds through it so far, sparks like an actual sparkler and is literally the brightest can in that dark that I own.

Thanks for that clarity.
I have a 14.5 Knight’s SR15 SBR and minimizing gas to the face is by far my main search parameter in researching a dedicated can for the KAC 14.5

The Flow 556K is looking like the current winner.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The FLOW 556k is better at both metrics.  Substantially.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better at minimizing gas to the face or db @ the ear ?

The FLOW 556k is better at both metrics.  Substantially.

Not only is it better at both, but it’s shorter too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

With a properly built 14.5" mid length SBR, gas in the face should not be an issue with many decent suppressor options. That's not a particularly tough platform to work with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for that clarity.
I have a 14.5 Knight’s SR15 SBR and minimizing gas to the face is by far my main search parameter in researching a dedicated can for the KAC 14.5

The Flow 556K is looking like the current winner.

Thanks again

With a properly built 14.5" mid length SBR, gas in the face should not be an issue with many decent suppressor options. That's not a particularly tough platform to work with.

TY

I’m going to go with the CGS Helios Direct Thread on my 14.5” Knight’s SBR. It’s 6 ounces lighter than the Flow 556K when the Flow is attached to the required muzzle device and shorter in length than the Flow 556K when the Flow is attached to the required muzzle device. The front caps change out to reduce blowback or decibels.
Thanks again
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#5]
The flow is about an inch shorter than the Helios when mounted.  If you use a muzzle device with the CGS the difference grows.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The flow is about an inch shorter than the Helios when mounted.  If you use a muzzle device with the CGS the difference grows.
View Quote

Yeah this. In no way is the CGS shorter than the flow 556k at any point… not sure why you would claim that.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I think he’s talking about the direct thread Helios not the QD.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

So it would be 6.3” - 0.625” for the Helios dt and 5.5” - 0.625” for the flow 556k…
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:42:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So it would be 6.3” - 0.625” for the Helios dt and 5.5” - 0.625” for the flow 556k…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit :
and fwiw
The CGS Helios Direct Thread is 5.77” added to the barrel length when mounted to the barrel.
Pew Science says the Flow 556K is 5.6” added to the barrel length when coupled with the required muzzle device and mounted to the barrel.
.17” is less length than two quarters joined, so yes, the Flow 556K is shorter than the Helios DT by about half the width of a USB port.
The 556K is 6 ounces heavier than the Helios DT when combined with the OSS FH. The 556K is 7 ounces heavier than the Helios DT when combined with the OSS muzzle brake. One of those muzzle devices is required to combine with the Flow 556K.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#11]
So it's a definite new stamp for any damage to the HUX?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#12]

I keep going back and forth on how much I want one of these, and that video might damage my wallet.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So it's a definite new stamp for any damage to the HUX?
View Quote

That’s what Hux told me. They said “there is no way to fix it due to the One piece printing so be sure to check with an alignment rod.”
Look at page two of this thread. I still bought one and am looking forward to using it on a x95 and bren2
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#14]
The HuxWrx 556k Suppressor Has Changed Everything
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#16]
So have we seen any new hints about a hub version of this can?
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't expect that to ever happen. Their muzzle devices are designed to work with the unique internal geometry of their cans.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 12:21:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't expect that to ever happen. Their muzzle devices are designed to work with the unique internal geometry of their cans.
View Quote

That’s true, but they could build it with a modified blast chamber for the same effect. It’d be longer, though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

100% is going to happen. An oss rep at a local vender day was talking about it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t see the point of this. Use the can with the muzzle device it’s internal geometry is designed for.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don’t see the point of this. Use the can with the muzzle device it’s internal geometry is designed for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s also what I asked the rep. They said in testing you just have to crank it down harder then a normal oss since it doesn’t have the flow through jets tightening it with each round.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Finally had a conjugal visit with mine, after about 50 days in jail. Was actually waiting for the form 1 on the host to come back.

For its size, its performance is outstanding. The pitch seems a little higher than other cans I’ve got that I run on 556 SBRs (Sandman S, Helios QD Ti, Surefire RC2 556, Nomad). It’s just a different sound. This is subjective, obviously, and I’m not shooting them all back-to-back to compare, but that is my perception from memory.  

I think it sounds at least as good as all those other cans, except maybe the Helios QD Ti, but with the hub extension and Xeno mount I use, that thing is probably twice as long as the flow 556k.

Link Posted: 10/19/2022 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Finally had a conjugal visit with mine, after about 50 days in jail. Was actually waiting for the form 1 on the host to come back.

For its size, its performance is outstanding. The pitch seems a little higher than other cans I’ve got that I run on 556 SBRs (Sandman S, Helios QD Ti, Surefire RC2 556, Nomad). It’s just a different sound. This is subjective, obviously, and I’m not shooting them all back-to-back to compare, but that is my perception from memory.  

I think it sounds at least as good as all those other cans, except maybe the Helios QD Ti, but with the hub extension and Xeno mount I use, that thing is probably twice as long as the flow 556k.

View Quote

I’m very excited to meter mine side-by-side with my Sierra5 and polonium. Going to be very interesting.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I’m very excited to meter mine side-by-side with my Sierra5 and polonium. Going to be very interesting.
View Quote

I am too! Keep us posted on the results.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve also got a Sierra 5 and an EA Arx in jail. The Sierra I’m planning to put on another SBR, and the Arx will go on a PWS piston gun with 16” barrel.

Edit: Got a dual lok 5 cooking too. Backorder filled with SilencerShop today and did the docusign. Now waiting on form 3.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 12:40:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Awesome to hear. I’d like to buy two of their cans but I refuse to buy any more cans that require proprietary mounts.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Awesome to hear. I’d like to buy two of their cans but I refuse to buy any more cans that require proprietary mounts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are used to think that way. And then after about a dozen cans you start dedicating Suppressors to individual firearms. Not too big of a deal
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Are used to think that way. And then after about a dozen cans you start dedicating Suppressors to individual firearms. Not too big of a deal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  You'll end up with a can per rifle and maybe even an exact same backup
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 7:09:19 AM EDT
[#29]
How’s everyone setting up their gas and buffer system with these cans?

I’ve got an LMT enhanced BCG on my host for this can as well. I usually use the Vltor a5h3 on my suppressor hosts, but that may not be ideal here?
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Right now I stand at eighteen cans and three more in jail. I’d need to more than double that count to match my threaded hosts and I’m not done buying guns. Some of my hosts have dedicated cans but my shooting interests ebb and flow, what I want to shoot this weekend may change next weekend and some just don’t see the range anymore. Even if I buy a new can to match a new host why would I wait seven or more  months to shoot it? If I can buy cans that will later allow me to take advantage of new mounting systems why would I buy proprietary crap that will cause headaches? I get what you’re saying and do what you like but I’m done buying cans that don’t have hub interfaces.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How’s everyone setting up their gas and buffer system with these cans?

I’ve got an LMT enhanced BCG on my host for this can as well. I usually use the Vltor a5h3 on my suppressor hosts, but that may not be ideal here?
View Quote

Sprinco springs and Griffin's SOB (Suppressor Optimized Buffer) buffer if not an H1.  The color Sprinco is can-dependent (OSS, no blowback, blue spring and an H1) or Griffin Eco Flow (a little more blowback) with a Sprinco Red or Blue and Griffin SOB.  There's also gas port considerations where reduced suppressed-only ports can be as small as about .050".  A lot of factors...

I much prefer pinned GB's vs AGBs for rigidity and durability.  

Just started using Sionics' NP3 coated full carrier.  They're amazing.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top