Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 19
Posted: 7/7/2020 8:40:04 PM EDT
Posted on Dead Air's Instagram story an hour ago.

Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Plan B .....+
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:49:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m glad to see DA bringing new things to market.  I’m a huge fan and heavy user of Dead Air cans.  I’m guessing that will be a lighter solution than KeyMo.  

For the love of all that is holy though, produce enough to meet demand!
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe they’ll have one for the Sandman line like Area419 does?
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I wondered when the Keymo for The Poors (shamelessly stolen from the FB announcement comments) would show up here.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m glad to see DA bringing new things to market.  I’m a huge fan and heavy user of Dead Air cans.  I’m guessing that will be a lighter solution than KeyMo.  

For the love of all that is holy though, produce enough to meet demand!
View Quote

how much lighter will it really be over the keymo? if you are going for ultralight, a sandman is not your best option anyway. if you are going with a nomad, you go direct thread to save the weight anyway, right? not being prickly, just trying to sound it out...
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks great! Depending on weight it may replace my plan b.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I like how this complements their existing suite of products.

Nice work guys.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Mike and Todd-

Thank you baby Jesus for putting some wrench flats on there. That warmed my heart.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Ghost/Wolfman adapters please! and 9mm 1/2x28 and 1/2x36
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Mike and Todd-

Thank you baby Jesus for putting some wrench flats on there. That warmed my heart.
View Quote

This!  Also, I might buy it just for the name alone......
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks very well designed!  Hope the weight savings over Keymo are tangible and make it a good compliment to their non-sandman cans.  The adapter looks to be Plan A XL sized, but that could just be the muzzle device.  I’d definitely be interested in this for a wolfman if the size and weight make sense for a 9mm PCC.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#13]
If they are offering this with a 9mm compatible muzzle device might change my plans to pair a Keymo adapter onto an R9.  

Link Posted: 7/7/2020 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#14]
It has me curious i do like the taper ahead of the thread design, though both work. Seems the taper in front is cleaner in my experience. I'm pretty heavily invested in plan A though, time will tell, if there is enough of a selection and availability to warrant the switch i will do so. Glad to see more competition, seems long over due honestly.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I think this looks great!! I love the A2 styling!
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 1:54:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mike and Todd-

View Quote

Concur. I'll be interested to see what the total system weight is, and what different muzzle device options come out.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 2:47:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think this looks great!! I love the A2 styling!
View Quote

Having just learned about the Area 419 Sandman adapters, I would say that your timing was impeccable!

You've already taken the market by storm with the KeyMo adapter, but this also fulfills the demands of those looking for a lighter, simpler taper mount system.

Well done, Dead Air!  
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:08:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I am already invested in Plan A, but this looks really nice. I would like like to see if they are making a comp.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:21:26 AM EDT
[#19]
With a name like that, I'd expect something more... Gigery.

A Giger inspired suppressor would be rather funny though
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:52:25 AM EDT
[#20]
All TI?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
All TI?
View Quote

That would be pretty sweet if it was.

I also see the standard Q/KB shit talking of it has already begun so using that as our barometer we should be able to conclude that its going to be a pretty nice product.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Soooo.... for those of us that can't Instagram too good..... How do you see the stories, looking on their IG page I don't see that post...

R Dum, need Halp.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#23]
……...
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
delaying orgasm.
View Quote

so, can you give me details.... for science? hahahahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

so, can you give me details.... for science? hahahahahahahahaha
View Quote

Baseball
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Does anyone know what it weighs?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#27]
My Nomad has been out of jail for about a month and I've been debating which mounting system to go with.  This is just what the doctor ordered.  

Now where do I buy?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Sweet! @mageever when we expect this?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Baseball
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Baseball

Can confirm I've used this.

Quoted:
Does anyone know what it weighs?

That's one of my main questions.  Their follow-up instagram story alluded to a weight of 1.9 oz - I don't know if that is the total system or just the flash hider or what.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#30]
That really is a nice looking flash hider. It's very streamlined, and doesn't look nearly as bulky or obtrusive as some of the other mounting options on the market.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Q/KB talks shit about Form 1 builders on his podcast, so his soft ego is easily threatened even by people and activities that aren’t a threat to his business.  Form 1 builders can be a gateway to acquiring good commercial cans, and for those into collections of cans, the Form 1 builds can fill niches for which commercial products don’t exist.  The ones that are copies can be free advertising (I copied the Trash Panda paint scheme because it’s hot shit...).  
View Quote

I don't think you were paying close attention while you were listening to his podcast...
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Soooo.... for those of us that can't Instagram too good..... How do you see the stories, looking on their IG page I don't see that post...

R Dum, need Halp.
View Quote

@Gtscotty

Tap on their "profile pic" in the top left. That is where IG "Stories" are posted. They are simple stories that are on a 24 hour timer and then expire, they dont stay around after that unless the poster makes sure they save them.

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#33]
First off, thanks for all the positive comments everyone.  We've never teased a product in this manner while still going through validation testing, but we know people will love it and this will help keep the heat on us to get it out the door faster.  ;-)  It's good to note that this is not meant to replace the KeyMo, but provides yet another solution for our customers that have been asking for it.  We're happy to oblige.

The 1.9 oz is for the adapter.  The mount will vary depending on thread and configuration.  Any manufacturer that only gives you one mount weight is playing marketing games.  A 1/2-28 mount weighs more than a 5/8-24 (from the added material around the small threads) and a flash hider can be much different than a brake.  Expect something right in line with other taper mounts are in the industry.  We're not doing anything weird like make them out of titanium.  That's exactly the wrong choice for a muzzle device.  Unless you're really hip.  And I don't see myself as a super hip dude.

Dates are to follow.  Just note that we're in final validation testing and we'll then go into production.  Production precedes product release so if anyone knows how long it makes to make a grundle of parts, ship them to a coater, then ship them to the plant for final assembly, and then ship to wholesalers may be get a clue on how much more time we have.  

Until then, the xenophobes will be coming out of the woodwork.  Don't be a xenophobe.  Lol.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#34]
……….
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Expect something right in line with other taper mounts are in the industry.  We're not doing anything weird like make them out of titanium.  That's exactly the wrong choice for a muzzle device.  Unless you're really hip.  And I don't see myself as a super hip dude
View Quote

What's wrong with titanium for a muzzle device?  How is it different than a titanium silencer direct threaded onto your barrel?  I'm not arguing with you by any means, just looking to learn something.  I'm waiting on a nomad, and am exploring mounting options.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#36]
@mageever

Any plans for a muzzle break?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What's wrong with titanium for a muzzle device?  How is it different than a titanium silencer direct threaded onto your barrel?  I'm not arguing with you by any means, just looking to learn something.  I'm waiting on a nomad, and am exploring mounting options.  

Thanks.
View Quote
It's right at the muzzle taking a ton of heat and errosive material.

IMO, it's ok as long as people understand it's a wear item and plan to use it for non-abusive firing schedules. It may also introduce some sparks as material is ablated off and pushed out the suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Mike and Todd-

View Quote

Wait till people start asking if shims are cool so they can vertically align the flats.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Wait till people start asking if shims are cool so they can vertically align the flats.
View Quote

Oh I am counting on it. Some people's kids.........
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:35:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sure someone will also be asking if its long enough for a pin and weld to get a 14.5 out of NFA territory

I just hope they decide to make the 1/2x28 version bored for a 9mm projectile.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 1:09:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Well, I already picked up a Plan A-XL, though I'm seriously interested in the Xeno.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm sure someone will also be asking if its long enough for a pin and weld to get a 14.5 out of NFA territory

I just hope they decide to make the 1/2x28 version bored for a 9mm projectile.
View Quote

I was pondering pinning and welding as well.  It doesn't look like there's a lot of real estate for drilling, but hard to tell.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I was pondering pinning and welding as well.  It doesn't look like there's a lot of real estate for drilling, but hard to tell.
View Quote

Lulz
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 12:35:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Super excited for this!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#45]
So whats up with all the shit talk from Q towards dead air lately? It used to seem like KB and Papis were on good terms and I've heard KB say good things about him/them before.
No all the sudden "dead air copies everything" and "dead air is the next Griffin"

All this coming from a company that literally copies other peoples ideas and calls it "innovation". Then say that company actually copied them!

Fuck it reminds me of my ex, if you lie enough, eventually even you believe it?
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So whats up with all the shit talk from Q towards dead air lately? It used to seem like KB and Papis were on good terms and I've heard KB say good things about him/them before.
No all the sudden "dead air copies everything" and "dead air is the next Griffin"

All this coming from a company that literally copies other peoples ideas and calls it "innovation". Then say that company actually copied them!

Fuck it reminds me of my ex, if you lie enough, eventually even you believe it?
View Quote

KB claims that Q and Dead Air had a verbal agreement for licensing in regards to the similarity of the Odessa and the Erector. Once the paperwork was sent over, Dead Air backed out. KB has always liked Mike and blames the issues on the owners.

You have to admit that a lot of DA designs appear to be similar to designs Q has made popular.

Pretty soon someone could put together a chart like this for Q/DA

Link Posted: 7/9/2020 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#49]
This thread is about to get LIT
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This thread is about to get LIT
View Quote

*pours another drink
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top