Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 11:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Neat. Just got my Area 419 Hellfire adapters.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Seen the post the other day on IG and just didnt think about it. lol

My guess this is just a cheaper option that DA is bringing to market.

Im assuming the Key mo cost a good bit more to produce compared to this and they are just trying to diversify there market. Dead Air is not bargain brand like REX and YHM. Maybe this is there way of trying to get that market share.

GA mounts are very cost effective along with YHM. With everyone making the 1 3/8x24 a standard on there cans why not offer more mounts for other companies cans.

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seen the post the other day on IG and just didnt think about it. lol

My guess this is just a cheaper option that DA is bringing to market.

Im assuming the Key mo cost a good bit more to produce compared to this and they are just trying to diversify there market. Dead Air is not bargain brand like REX and YHM. Maybe this is there way of trying to get that market share.

GA mounts are very cost effective along with YHM. With everyone making the 1 3/8x24 a standard on there cans why not offer more mounts for other companies cans.

View Quote

One way to look at it...

But a lot of people prefer the lighter/shorter options regardless of cost. Me included.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I see it as taking on Q and Griffin. The Plans- A/B make a lot of sense. Q dropped the ball by not having any other muzzle devices besides the Cherry Bomb. Griffin has helped fill that market. Now Dead Air is giving it a try.

I hope they keep working with other muzzle device companies like Forward Controls, Lantac, JMac, and SOLGW for the Xenomorph like they did Key-Mo.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I see it as taking on Q and Griffin. The Plans- A/B make a lot of sense. Q dropped the ball by not having any other muzzle devices besides the Cherry Bomb. Griffin has helped fill that market. Now Dead Air is giving it a try.

I hope they keep working with other muzzle device companies like Forward Controls, Lantac, JMac, and SOLGW for the Xenomorph like they did Key-Mo.
View Quote
Yep. Lot's of guys are very weight focused right now and the keymo is a no-go for them. This gives them a Dead Air manufactured option.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Truly a great time in the muzzle device and mount world.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard it might be left hand threaded to avoid muzzle device from getting torqued off rifle.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That would be the Energetic Centrix Mount.
View Quote

Which is smart AF. Never understood stacking up 2-3 RH threads all on one unit.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I heard it might be left hand threaded to avoid muzzle device from getting torqued off rifle.

Area 419 as well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Q/KB talks shit about Form 1 builders on his podcast, so his soft ego is easily threatened even by people and activities that aren’t a threat to his business.  Form 1 builders can be a gateway to acquiring good commercial cans, and for those into collections of cans, the Form 1 builds can fill niches for which commercial products don’t exist.  The ones that are copies can be free advertising (I copied the Trash Panda paint scheme because it’s hot shit...).  

Back to Dead Air, this is a nice feature set.  Closed bird cage, latch less retention with fine threads and a taper, and obviously copies Q’s invention of wrench flats, delaying orgasm, and pimple cream.
View Quote

hahahaha sheesh! for reals though...

hot shit expression has always puzzled me though..

looks neat! i miss that old fb f1 group...
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#12]
It would be epic if that bird cage worked with my TrashPanda
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

KB claims that Q and Dead Air had a verbal agreement for licensing in regards to the similarity of the Odessa and the Erector. Once the paperwork was sent over, Dead Air backed out. KB has always liked Mike and blames the issues on the owners.

You have to admit that a lot of DA designs appear to be similar to designs Q has made popular.

Pretty soon someone could put together a chart like this for Q/DA
http://i.imgur.com/Lf0EguGh.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So whats up with all the shit talk from Q towards dead air lately? It used to seem like KB and Papis were on good terms and I've heard KB say good things about him/them before.
No all the sudden "dead air copies everything" and "dead air is the next Griffin"

All this coming from a company that literally copies other peoples ideas and calls it "innovation". Then say that company actually copied them!

Fuck it reminds me of my ex, if you lie enough, eventually even you believe it?

KB claims that Q and Dead Air had a verbal agreement for licensing in regards to the similarity of the Odessa and the Erector. Once the paperwork was sent over, Dead Air backed out. KB has always liked Mike and blames the issues on the owners.

You have to admit that a lot of DA designs appear to be similar to designs Q has made popular.

KB shit talks everyone and anyone.

Its why I'll bever buy from them - he's a known dick.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Ehh..  I don't know why I bother.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:03:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's a lot of rumor mill to pass on. But I mean, KB said it in an IG post, so it must be true, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That's a lot of rumor mill to pass on. But I mean, KB said it in an IG post, so it must be true, right?

You should go back and re-read my post you quoted and the post it's directly replying to.

So whats up with all the shit talk from Q towards dead air lately? It used to seem like KB and Papis were on good terms and I've heard KB say good things about him/them before.

This was the question that was asked. I answered the question with the caveat:

KB claims...

It's not the rumor mill if it's coming from KB (which can be seen in countless social media posts and podcast) Not once did I say KB or DA was right or wrong.

Quoted: 
It seems like very few check into Q's claims about how they invented it and how innovative they are.

I've never said anything about that. Once again, please re-read my comment

similar to designs Q has made popular

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:18:18 AM EDT
[#16]
My thoughts on your comments:

KB is the rumor mill.  Quoting him is like quoting the Minister of Propaganda.  You know he giggles with delight every time he sees someone buying into it or responding to the drama.

I guess I've been in the industry long enough to not think that Q has made certain suppressor designs popular.  They just say they've made them popular and people believe the hype.

I don't "have to admit" that anything that Dead Air sells appears to be similar to things that Q's made popular.  That inference is so far from the truth it's laughable and doesn't justify more of a response than what has already been said.

You sounded like you may be one of the "drama followers" that KB produces because such statements are common things they like to spout.  I apologize if I read that wrong.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My thoughts on your comments:

KB is the rumor mill.  Quoting him is like quoting the Minister of Propaganda.  You know he giggles with delight every time he sees someone buying into it or responding to the drama.
View Quote

How does any of that matter?  Racer9J asked a question on why KB changed his tune. I answered it by paraphrasing what KB frequently talks about.

I would never expect you to admit anything. I'm sure you have a lot of pride and money invested in your business and you're doing you best to compete in a difficult maket.

However, from the outside looking in, some of DA designs look similar to Q designs (odessa/erector, Xenomorph/Plan B).

I also recognize that KB is a huge dick.

I don't own products from either of your companies. One of my cans is a CGS which KB probably hates more so take that for what it is.

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm not a lawyer, but I read an open wrench as a tool requiring at least one recess- typically two.  If KB thinks he's got a case, he should sue.  Meme pictures are not actual IP concerns.  Bill gates and Steve jobs in a picture is a similar concept- two semi bald old guys in the computer business doesn't mean microsoft and Apple are emulating each other.  I certainly don't get the feeling that Apple is Windows, even though there are many passing similarities like closing tasks at the upper right.  

Maybe Dead Air has some opinion of prior art they could use to win that case, but the USPTO is supposed to do a pretty decent job of ensuring an idea is novel before granting a patent.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a lawyer, but I read an open wrench as a tool requiring at least one recess- typically two.  If KB thinks he's got a case, he should sue.  Meme pictures are not actual IP concerns.  Bill gates and Steve jobs in a picture is a similar concept- two semi bald old guys in the computer business doesn't mean microsoft and Apple are emulating each other.  I certainly don't get the feeling that Apple is Windows, even though there are many passing similarities like closing tasks at the upper right.  

Maybe Dead Air has some opinion of prior art they could use to win that case, but the USPTO is supposed to do a pretty decent job of ensuring an idea is novel before granting a patent.  

That's not how patents work.

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That's because Griffin is a performing brand and a threat.  Dead air apparently got close to the category in KB's mind, so now they are getting bagged shit on because the game is hate the performers.

We just ordered 80,000lbs of material (which is near net bar stock), and literally had to book a truck to get a formerly ordered quantity here because we ran out of a stock size with a relatively lightning fast 2 month mill run ETA on that replacement material.

At Q it's quiet.  At Griffin there is a thunderous noise 24 hours a day because machines are tearing cans out of material all day long. You can feel the cans being made here, by just standing on the concrete.

View Quote

I saw last week on SilencerShop's Awkward Silencer that someone asked about Q Erector they BO on 5/9, and it didn't sound like SS had gotten in a Shipment of Erectors since then. Is Q shut down due to a lockdown, skeleton crew, or is the aluminum shortage causing delays?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I saw last week on SilencerShop's Awkward Silencer that someone asked about Q Erector they BO on 5/9, and it didn't sound like SS had gotten in a Shipment of Erectors since then. Is Q shut down due to a lockdown, skeleton crew, or is the aluminum shortage causing delays?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because Griffin is a performing brand and a threat.  Dead air apparently got close to the category in KB's mind, so now they are getting bagged shit on because the game is hate the performers.

We just ordered 80,000lbs of material (which is near net bar stock), and literally had to book a truck to get a formerly ordered quantity here because we ran out of a stock size with a relatively lightning fast 2 month mill run ETA on that replacement material.

At Q it's quiet.  At Griffin there is a thunderous noise 24 hours a day because machines are tearing cans out of material all day long. You can feel the cans being made here, by just standing on the concrete.

Maybe Kevin is in the 90 day column on net 30 at the job shop?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

This seems pretty unlikely... I mean they charge people 100% upfront for items with over a one year backorder lol
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This seems pretty unlikely... I mean they charge people 100% upfront for items with over a one year backorder lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would a business with a one year backorder need to charge 100% up front?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I found the thread where the 1 year BO was mentioned. I hope that places like SilencerShop would not be taking back orders if it was that far out. I don't think it will take long for people to lose patience and cancel those orders, it would seem like a mess to deal with. Personally, I'd wait a month, maybe 2, before canceling and buying something else that is in stock.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#24]
@Mageever can we get a little more info on the Xenomorph?  From here it looks like the brake is directional, which seems like a nice feature.  But I can't totally tell from that pic.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just because it ends up 1 year doesn't mean they know it's one year going in. I'm sure plenty of companies give Silencer Shop a projection of "one more month" over and over. I remember back in the day some people would get serial numbers, form3'd to their dealer to start a F4 until that got cracked down on since they'd sometimes miss the shipping expectation and be getting approvals before manufacture...
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The Xenomorph is a flash hider and non-directional.
View Quote

Sorry, poor word choice on my part w/r/t "brake." Yes, flash hider.  

It looks a lot like an A2. But you're saying it's got cuts all the way around?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Dead Air releases a new mount and within 2 pages it's a discussion on Q's business model?  

Q fans boys....."tapers are tits.  Tapers first , then threads, otherwise you are doing it wrong."
DA does exactly that... "Copycats."  lol.

Looks like a worthwhile addition to the DA product line.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Truly a great time in the muzzle device and mount world.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Welp, just asked them if they were making a Xenomorph adapter for the Wolverine. Tryin' to get some more versatility out of that thing. Seems like the Wolverine would be baller on a shorty AR (tough as nails, low blow back).

Edit: Super fast customer service response: "At this time no.  We are doing it for standard threaded rifles first and will release more info when the product is ready to go."  

My jeanyus idea shown with a plan b and cherry bomb (and griffin ak adapter thingy):
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Exactly...
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Q makes some nice stuff, but nobody out there is making suppressors that can defy the laws of physics. There is nothing magical about what they’re doing, and only so many things you can do to make them lighter, quieter, and cleaner. And while admitting that KB is probably a brilliant guy, him being “how he is” gives me pause when considering their products. It concerns me for the long-term stability of their company, and when you can get something just as good from any number of other companies, I think the risk outweighs the benefit with Q. Unless you just really want everything to be titanium, but there are some durability concerns with that as well.

Maybe one day I’ll get one of their cans and it will change my mind.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 2:22:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Q makes some nice stuff, but nobody out there is making suppressors that can defy the laws of physics. There is nothing magical about what they’re doing, and only so many things you can do to make them lighter, quieter, and cleaner. And while admitting that KB is probably a brilliant guy, him being “how he is” gives me pause when considering their products. It concerns me for the long-term stability of their company, and when you can get something just as good from any number of other companies, I think the risk outweighs the benefit with Q. Unless you just really want everything to be titanium, but there are some durability concerns with that as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I personally think he's a bit dishonest with his "full-auto rated" claims.

My guess is he knows full well that full-auto will burn out a titanium suppressor, but is counting on the average buyer never wearing one out. I presume they've already done the math on how many they'll have to replace over time, and figured the marketing outweighed the potential warranty costs.

The only problem with that marketing scheme is that the "Lifetime Warranty" only lasts as long as the company does.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

My guess is he knows full well that full-auto will burn out a titanium suppressor, but is counting on the average buyer never wearing one out. I presume they've already done the math on how many they'll have to replace over time, and figured the marketing outweighed the potential warranty costs.

The only problem with that marketing scheme is that the "Lifetime Warranty" only lasts as long as the company does.
View Quote

Unless they are using magic titanium, the titanium baffles will certainly erode over time with hard use. And like I said, long-term stability with a guy like KB, who kind of seems like he's in it for fun these days (certainly doesn't need the money after the Remington settlement), is more of a concern than I'd have with other companies. Obviously KAC and Surefire have been doing this forever. SilencerCo as well. Dead Air is a little newer to the party, but they are making great products and probably selling more than anyone else, and while they've had some growing pains, they seem committed to meeting the challenge.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soooo... The Xenomorph has right handed threads?
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Correct, standard threads.
View Quote

Thanks, I might have been tempted to swap out my Plan-A if the Alien had been left hand, but as it is, sounds like they're basically functional twins.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does Kevin have a personality? Maybe IDK who cares, I never met him. I do know that if you'd take one hand and count fingers of the most influential small arms leaders in the past decade he'd easily be there. Even the top 95% of people on here probably won't ever wear out a Q titanium can and that is noticeably more usage than the average suppressor buyer. As far as the company lasting, I think that is overblown considering we are talking Deadair here who is still very much new as a company and solely is based in suppressors. Last I checked, AAC is still around and I doubt Kevin will let Q ever go based on his drive and lessons, but even if Q is much more than just Kevin. There's a reason virtually everything at Q sells out, 1 year + backlogs, etc. Don't knock what AAC did, Sig transformation, 300blk, etc. What Kevin has been a part of and led is pretty admirable. Anytime someone creates an answer to a huge problem that others didn't even know existed is a pretty big deal

As far as Dead Air Xenomorph, I wish it accepted Q products and vice versa! Dead Air Ti Nomad is great for those who want to be able to change mounts copy or not!
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Well I got blocked on Instagram by Q because I tagged them in a picture with a Fix with a nomad on the end of it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Well I got blocked on Instagram by Q because I tagged them in a picture with a Fix with a nomad on the end of it.
View Quote

That’s ridiculous. Just butthurt of the highest order. They should be glad people are buying their rifle. Nobody is going to buy just one brand of anything, and anyone trying to act like DA doesn’t make good cans is just being dishonest.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Sheeit.  I posted on instagram a picture of my jailed R2 sporting the Keymo adapter and they (YHM) "liked" it.  Competition is always good in a marketplace and nothing wrong with some psudeo sibling rivalry thrown in for good measure every now and then  but at the end of the day I like when you see representatives from various makers show appreciation for one another.  We as gun owners across the board need to be as united as possible considering everyone outside our circles wants to tear it all down. When I read about crap like this it just makes me not want to even consider anything Q offers ever.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:12:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sheeit.  I posted on instagram a picture of my jailed R2 sporting the Keymo adapter and they (YHM) "liked" it.  Competition is always good in a marketplace and nothing wrong with some psudeo sibling rivalry thrown in for good measure every now and then  but at the end of the day I like when you see representatives from various makers show appreciation for one another.  We as gun owners across the board need to be as united as possible considering everyone outside our circles wants to tear it all down. When I read about crap like this it just makes me not want to even consider anything Q offers ever.
View Quote

I look at it this way... YHM has reason to be happy you are using the KeyMo system with their suppressor, because without it you may have just gone with a Dead Air suppressor instead. Manufacturers are wise to adopt modular mounting systems, as this allows them to sell to people that might already be heavily invested in another company's muzzle devices. Changing muzzle devices can be expensive, as well as a hassle, especially if they are pinned and welded.

Ironically, I happen to love the Sandman series despite its integral mounting system, because I was already set on running Dead Air muzzle devices!

Q should be happy you bought their rifle, regardless of who's can you run on it. Had they designed the barrel to only accept Q mounts, they would be alienating a large section of potential customers. I think it's foolish and arrogant to expect your customers to be exclusively your customers.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 12:41:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

@HansohnBrothers

This looks identical to the threads on oss hxqd. Is it?
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
@mageever

Any plans for a muzzle break?
View Quote

I would be interested in this as well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks! This may end up as popular as those little plastic vise blocks It is pretty wild to watch people play around with the Centrix for the first time and see the 'Ah ha!' moment when they get it!
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Really excited about this option, DA - good work!

Any updates on production?

I’m a bit worried that it might be a bit long for some of the K cans out there... any testing to see if it might fit with a Turbo K?

@Mageever
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 9:46:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Update?
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 12:00:50 AM EDT
[#50]
The guys that do the SilencerShop podcast “Awkward Silence” said that because of the current market it won’t be anytime soon. Apparently DA (KG Made) is focused on meeting the enormous demands for silencers and is therefore pushing back the release of the Xenomorph. The question gets asked in the first 5 minutes of the podcast.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top