Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2017 11:33:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks great can't wait to try my Halcyon out and hope it performs as good as the Element 2.  The 3-lug is gonna be great on my sbr MP5 22  and AR22.

As far as finish goes I would just keep the finish the same as the rest of the can.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#2]
A regular black finish would be better than the red (or Orange for that matter). Not a fan of the gold parts. Reminds me of the gross tricked out Glocks.

Anodized black and polished/brushed stainless will never look bad on a can.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A regular black finish would be better than the red (or Orange for that matter). Not a fan of the gold parts. Reminds me of the gross tricked out Glocks.

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:03:23 PM EDT
[#4]
How hard would it to be to make a base paint on the can that could be re sprayed at home to do custom colors?  Like to match our custom 22/45s or 10/22s?

Something super durable, but that could be painted over by a rattle can at home with some high temp paint that could be removed with break cleaner down the road and not damage the original paint.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Roll tide but red isn't my cup of tea, the TiN is a little flashy, maybe tone it down a little - think Rugged's pistons, that color would be cool, just subtle enough to not be over the top
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#7]
TiN internals are nice - maybe not on the 3lug adapter that goes on the host weapon but I see you point on function (cleanbility) over form.

Black anodizing or cerakote would be fine in my book.

Defnitelty like the looks of your setup although I wish the industry could settle on a standard rimfire QD system.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
TiN internals are nice - maybe not on the 3lug adapter that goes on the host weapon but I see you point on function (cleanbility) over form.

Black anodizing or cerakote would be fine in my book.

Defnitelty like the looks of your setup although I wish the industry could settle on a standard rimfire QD system.
View Quote
And you don't do that by pricing it in line with your 9mm unit (above Gemtech and Griffin)
SiCO did a great job a few years ago flooding the market with asr muzzle devices at like 60% off right before Rugged and Dead Air came to market. It persuaded people towards the omega/specwar.

I'm not saying your 3 lug has to be a lost leader but if you sell them at cost, I bet you boost halcyon sales and gain market share
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Definatly the host 3 lug adaper - black.  

TiN internals would be fine with me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Just thinking of the gold 3 lug on the end of a stainless barrel
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Not a fan of that color combo.  Black or gray would look much better.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I like unique stuff. So I'm digging it. Wouldn't grab that color myself, unless a Halcyon was finished the same.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I say do everything black and if someone don't like it they can cerakote it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Double tap
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:39:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Instead of TiN for those parts, my suggestion is black DLC. Should still be easy to clean, but at least it will be black.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:19:10 AM EDT
[#16]
The tin coating is fine but I don't care for the red. Black to match the can would be just fine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.  I'm going to be ordering a can soon for a rimfire can and your Halcyon is on the short list.  One of the features I definitely want is a 3 lug device for a 10/22 and a 22/45 so I don't have to mess around changing thread protectors/muzzle devices.  

Hurry up and get it out!
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Instead of TiN for those parts, my suggestion is black DLC. Should still be easy to clean, but at least it will be black.
View Quote
I agree with some type of black nitride finish.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Any other color than black and matte hard chrome interals will negatively affect your sales.

To be honest, I don't know why a company with your resources and horsepower has to ask a question like this.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:15:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
+1 for black DLC. Have a HK P7 in DLC and LOVE it! Silence all the things, and DLC all the things

Also, I have need for a .22LR can with 3-Lug mount, but not in Crimson.

‘Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black.’
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:41:20 AM EDT
[#22]
I wouldn't want TiN coated 3 lug adapters on my guns, if you were planning to coat those. 

As far as the paint I'd prefer black to match the rest of the can, and go well with most guns.

Almost wish I didn't have 2 rimfire auppressors already, this one looks very promising!
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Please make the muzzle adapter black.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Anodized and ceracoted black with Nickel boron.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:09:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:I agree with some type of black nitride finish.
View Quote
Actually, I'd prefer black nitride over black DLC even though black DLC was my suggestion , but it was based on some other comments.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top