Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2016 9:04:06 PM EDT
I just got my Harvester out of jail and plan on shooting it Friday but I'm wondering about the thread adapter.  Do you guys put anti seize on the both the barrel threads and the threads of the adapter that go into the can?  Or just the barrel threads?  Neither?

Thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Not on the barrel threads but definitely on the adapter threads.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:35:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Adapter threads...I had an Omega become hopelessly stuck using the ASR mount. Copper Antiseize has worked great since then and of course SiCo took care of it in an awesome fashion.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:42:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I use nickel anti-seize. It's rated to 2600 degF.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  I have nickel anti seize I use on my YHM with QD, this is my first direct thread and I wanted to make sure I don't get it stuck
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't put anti-sieze on the adapter threads or on the barrel threads. I've never had my Harvester adapter get truly stuck on the barrel threads. The can has come unscrewed from the adapter a few times but the adapter breaks free with little effort from a wrench. Thanks SilencerCo for putting wrench flats on the adapter!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top