Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2014 2:19:09 PM EDT
I have a Octane on order and just completed a 9MM upper build to use the suppressor on. It is a TROS 9" 3 Lug barrel with a DD 7" rail. My question is will the suppressor have enough room to work with this rail? I have posted some pics below...

Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless there is room for the mount inside that rail, I am going to say that's not enough room. Just eyeballing it here.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless there is room for the mount inside that rail, I am going to say that's not enough room. Just eyeballing it here.
View Quote

Concur.

It looks pretty (as in too) close.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, there is no room inside the rail for the suppressor. I just do not know how much room the 3 lug mount needs.... Anyone know where I could get the rail cut down a tad?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]

The distance from the back of the lugs to the shoulder is 0.290":

The mount fully compressed:

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for those pictures. Yeah, this rail is not gonna work...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top