Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2013 6:18:08 PM EDT
Looking at getting an 11.5" CA barrel to be a 5.56 suppressor host and was wondering if anyone has any insight on them being good concentric threaded barrels for this use. I can't find any reviews on this other than CA's own description.

TIA
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Just putting the final touches on my 12.5 build. Will hopefully test it out tomorrow or saturday. With mounting my knights can on, I see no issues with a cleaning rod down it, and the threading does not look off center eyeballing it. Also would think it would be less of a issue with the barrel being hammer forged. At least that's my thinking
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Delete.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive had a 10.5 and a 12.5.

Ran them both with and without suppressors.

The 12.5 had about an inch drop at 100 yards from unsuppressed zero to suppressed zero.

I havnt shot the 10.5 without a can yet because im having functioning problems without the suppressor attached. Runs beautifully suppressed though

The threads are generally good to go. However always atleast eveball it down the barrel

Ive never had a baffle strike using their barrels

ETA I believe the 10.5 and 11.5 are chopped down 12.5 barrels. My 12.5 had the centurion insignia and also said it was 1/7 twist. My 10.5 barrel has only a portion of the insignia left from where it was chopped down
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top