Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2013 2:57:43 PM EDT
Purchased a AAC 762-SDN-6 and currently she's going thru the process of going from dealer to dealer.  Now I'm no newb to using my revocable living trust for I have "created" two SBR's on a Form 1 already but it's been a few years and I'm rusty.  When my dealer gets the can I supply him with two copies of the trust, two copies of the assignment of property, $200 check to treasury and two filled out certifications of compliance?  Also, seeing as though I don't have the can yet, does it need to be in my assignment of property or doesn't it matter.  I have been told that it doesn't matter but I want to be safe.  Also.............can't remember but does the certification of compliance have to be made out in the name of the trust or in my real name?  Am I missing anything or am I good to go?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]
my F4 was mailed with only 1 copy of the trust. the item being applied for was NOT listed on schedule A.
cert of compliance was NOT done. 2 copies of F4 were sent.  2 done this way in last 8 months, both approved by Sara Jones
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
$200 check to treasury

$200 to the BATFE.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
$200 check to treasury

$200 to the BATFE.

NFA branch of the BATFE (per Form 4) or Department of the Justice (per Form 1).

I don't think it really matters which payee you use, as long as the check is payable to one of he two.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$200 check to treasury

$200 to the BATFE.

I don't think it really matters which payee you use, as long as the check is payable to one of he two.

Interesting because I have not heard of making a check payable to the "Treasury"....

I'll just stick with the BATFE
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks folks!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$200 check to treasury

$200 to the BATFE.

Interesting because I have not heard of making a check payable to the "Treasury"....

I'll just stick with the BATFE

I thought that is what I used but I'm probably wrong.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't think it matters either.

The ATF hasn't "cashed" a check I've sent to them in years.  Since at least 2009 it just shows up online as an ACH transaction and electronic transfer from our Trust checking account.  I never get a cancelled check back or a scan of the endorsed check.

It's a little irritating because I prefer a nice paper trail for my records.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think it matters either.

The ATF hasn't "cashed" a check I've sent to them in years.  Since at least 2009 it just shows up online as an ACH transaction and electronic transfer from our Trust checking account.  I never get a cancelled check back or a scan of the endorsed check.

It's a little irritating because I prefer a nice paper trail for my records.

I saw that as well when I was doing my taxes, I wonder why that is. The one I just sent a few weeks ago was a Money order, hope that doesn't screw with anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top