Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2011 9:56:59 AM EDT
I started a thread over in the Hometown Forum, but I figure it is appropriate to cross post here.  I made an online petition for legalizing hunting game animals in Texas with suppressors.  Please sign it if you agree, and forward it around!  You can sign it anonymously, or leave you name if you wish.  Thanks for the support!

ETA: Even if you don't yet own a suppressor, or aren't in Texas, sign it!  It is a good step for all lawful gun owners.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Shouldnt we have just made it nfa items? What about the ones with the happy switches, don't plan on ever hunting with my m16 but atleast it'd be covered!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
That would probably have a very slim chance of working.  Plus, I wouldn't use my full auto weapons either.  Suppressors have a practical use, and is something I actually care to be able to do.  I am trying to be realistic, even if it is a long shot.  It is a step in the right direction for all sorts of deregulation though!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Signed it for ya.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:11:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Signed it.

As I wrote there, here in Europe it is legal to hunt in many countries with suppressors and even encouraged.

One thing that is also getting to be an issue is that for example even here in Finland, with vast areas without housings, it is hard to get permits for new shooting ranges, to be placed in those areas.

Many shooting ranges that hunters also use to practise, are located close to housing areas. This leads to complaints from people.

There are even cases of people moving next to a shooting range and then complaining, we can all agree that that is not very smart, but with suppressors some shooting ranges can be kept open and also enable better hours daily for shooting.

Take Care!

Tuukka Jokinen
Ase Utra sound suppressors
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:46:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Signed it.

As I wrote there, here in Europe it is legal to hunt in many countries with suppressors and even encouraged.

One thing that is also getting to be an issue is that for example even here in Finland, with vast areas without housings, it is hard to get permits for new shooting ranges, to be placed in those areas.

Many shooting ranges that hunters also use to practise, are located close to housing areas. This leads to complaints from people.

There are even cases of people moving next to a shooting range and then complaining, we can all agree that that is not very smart, but with suppressors some shooting ranges can be kept open and also enable better hours daily for shooting.

Take Care!

Tuukka Jokinen
Ase Utra sound suppressors

lucky bastard yall can just get suppressors, we have to deal with the ATF, but i did sign

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys!  Sinlessorrow, it's actually pretty easy to do.  The main issue is it takes a little patience.  If you decide to do it there is some good info on here, and feel free to PM/email me with any questions that come up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Signed it!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#8]
signed...if this works we will try one over here!
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Signed it and wrote a note about legality in Wisconsin without issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top