Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 12:58:53 PM EDT
I got my AAC M4-2k in a couple weeks ago and I just got my upper back from ADCO.  I had them pin a Brakeout FH on the upper.  This is my first suppressor so I can't wait to get to the range in the morning when I get off duty.

Rifle Specs:  
Colt 6920-barrel cut down to 14.5
Aimpoint M3
Surefire M951
AAC M4-2K
the rest you can tell from looking at it

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I just got back from taking my rifle out for the first time.  

I used to have a Vortex FH on my upper.  I normally had a fair amount of muzzle rise when I would shoot.  I decided to go with the AAC Brakeout.  With the brakeout, there is zero rise after shots.  I can double, or triple tap and the rifle stays down.  The only neg with the FH, it's loud.  But if you're like everyone else here, your wearing ears so it shouldn't be a problem.

As far as the suppressor goes, I put my Acog on the rifle and sighted it in w/o the suppressor.  Then attached it and ended up with about a 4 in drop and 1 in to the left POI shift.  But I will probably never shoot the rifle again w/o the suppressor so thats fine.  I would compare it to being a tad bit louder than a 22lr shooting CCI mini mags.  I shot about 200 rds w/o ears on, and had a buddy shoot it while I stood back and listened.

Without the suppressor, I was shooting 1in groups at 50yds with the acog.  After attaching the suppressor, my groups tightened up to about 1/2-3/4in consistently ––All 5 shot groups.  

And now I know what everyone is saying about the gas blowback.  It sucked at first but I got used to it.  Gonna try the silione trick for the next outing.

Overall I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Put the money down on a PRI Gas Buster CH!!!  Trust me on that!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Yah, I put a gasbuster on my 10.5" LMT with a YHM can and it works great; highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Put the money down on a PRI Gas Buster CH!!!  Trust me on that!

+2
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:12:53 AM EDT
[#5]
+3 10.5 novekse, m4-2000 with gas buster. Threw in a tubss flat wire spring just to try it and it got rid of the bong noise the carbine spring made.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:52:47 AM EDT
[#6]
You can always make your own gas buster charging handle just like HERE
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You can always make your own gas buster charging handle just like HERE

Last night I tried this when I got done cleaning it.  Guess I'll see how well it does one day this week.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Good info!  I have an M4-2000 pending approval (pending for about 90 days now).
I installed a brakeout on my 12.5" barrel - it's stooopid loud and has muzzle flash that would like right at home in a Jerry Bruckheimer film.
After Reading this thread, i'm going to put a gas buster on my shopping list.
....looking forward to more range reports!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top