Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2009 4:10:11 PM EDT
I am now firmly convinced that I want a 22 Suppressor. My total budget is $600, I saw and heard a Cascade being fired and I was overall impressed with it. Anyone have any suggestions or info on this SUppressor?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:23:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Get the Cascade Ti, good for a lifetime!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#4]
The Cascade has a terrible first round crack, especially for a 22 can. I shot a Cascade MC, 22 Sparrow, and Aviator side by side. The Cascade was the loudest by far. I was NOT impressed. It did come apart easily for cleaning as did the Sparrow. The Aviator is, of course, a sealed can.

I would give a hard look at the 22Sparrow from Silencerco.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The Sparrow looks great, but is alot mor epricey than the Cascade. I am confused by the take apart deal. I keep hearing different things, I want it to clean, it's not needed etc. I figure if I buy one that isn't a take apart I can hit up and pay someone to let me use their ultrasonic cleaner to give it a good cleaning every few 1000 rounds. OR is take apart really needed?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm running a dedicated Tactical Solutions AR22 upper with a Tactical Solutions Cascade.  I ran some 22LR subsonic through it and it is quieter than an Airsoft gun.  The suppressor looks good on the bull barrel, but it would look better on an SBR barrel.

I can get you a picture once I get to another computer.  Top one is the TacSol bottom is Spikes dedicated 22 upper.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Sparrow looks great, but is alot mor epricey than the Cascade. I am confused by the take apart deal. I keep hearing different things, I want it to clean, it's not needed etc. I figure if I buy one that isn't a take apart I can hit up and pay someone to let me use their ultrasonic cleaner to give it a good cleaning every few 1000 rounds. OR is take apart really needed?

If you get the Cascade Ti you can soak it in a Vinegar and Hydrogen Peroxide 50/50 solution that will dissolve the lead out, just don't do this with an aluminum can. Also don't get it on your skin as the lead becomes water soluble.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top