Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2008 7:40:51 AM EDT
So I just picked this up and planned on threading it for a suppressor. I was just wondering, since the fluted part is so close to that tip of the rifle, will there be any problems threading into the fluted area? Will I lose accuracy? Will I lose any strength in the barrel?

Thanks
-Carlo

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
It should be fine.  The muzzle will be turned down deeper than the fluteing anyway.  You should not really lose any strength or accuracy if the job is done right.  Use a competent gun smith who really knows ARs.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It should be fine.  The muzzle will be turned down deeper than the fluteing anyway.  You should not really lose any strength or accuracy if the job is done right.  Use a competent gun smith who really knows ARs.

What are some companies to look into? There is someone local to me, but his wait list is long. I rather just send it off. ADCO is what a friend of mine recommended.

-Carlo
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
ADCO would be my recomendation. I sent a barrel down last week and it should be here tomorrow, not bad inso far as turn around.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Definitly ADCO.  Fast turnaround, good price, & great work.  Its very hard nowadays to get all 3 of these from a gunsmith.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#5]
It's settled then. ADCO it is.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:04:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's what my barrel will look like after it's been threaded:

^ As you can see, it goes into the flute and I was just worried for a second if that would mess anything up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top