Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2008 8:24:02 PM EDT
so i have a rra 14.5 barrel with a vortex fh perm installed. my question is can i send the upper to someone to have the fh changed so i can run a suppresor? is there a fh mount that  will keep my barrel the legal 16 inches? thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 5:05:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
so i have a rra 14.5 barrel with a vortex fh perm installed. my question is can i send the upper to someone to have the fh changed so i can run a suppresor? is there a fh mount that  will keep my barrel the legal 16 inches? thanks for the help.

yes, and yes.

there are quite a few QD-type flash hiders that will bring your 14.5" to 16" if permanently attached, though you may have to worry about warranty issues. at least one company will not warranty their products if it is used on one of their flash hiders that has been permanently attached.

you best bet may be to find a can you are interested in, and call the manufacturer for the answers you seek.

Link Posted: 3/4/2008 5:45:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Like this?:

(Yeah, I know.... my daughter's got a mullet in this pic, business up front, party in the back!  Took her almost 2 years for her bangs to catch up!)

This is my Bushy 14.5" w/permanently attached quick attach Phantom mount/AAC M41000

I love the damn thing!  Had Tornado-technologies do the work and it's great!
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#3]
yes like that! thanks for the pics and info!
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad to be of service.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 4:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
there are quite a few QD-type flash hiders that will bring your 14.5" to 16" if permanently attached, though you may have to worry about warranty issues. at least one company will not warranty their products if it is used on one of their flash hiders that has been permanently attached.

Who doesn't want their mounts permanently attached?  When I had my barrel turned for a QD mount, they required a permanent mount due to warranty issues (I guess they had a few people put them on without enough torque and they backed off ).
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 6:18:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who doesn't want their mounts permanently attached?  When I had my barrel turned for a QD mount, they required a permanent mount due to warranty issues (I guess they had a few people put them on without enough torque and they backed off ).

there is at least one company who has said they will not, i believe it was surefire. i'm just advising the OP that there can be warranty implications, and that he should check with the manufacturer first.

it's be a real kick-in-the-balls to have a baffle strike on a $1200 can, and then find out the warranty is void because you permanently attached your FH..

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top