Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 3:43:17 PM EDT
I had to take my flash hider off to remount with a peel washer.

I realized that I got it all back on that the FH is not perfectly aligned. (by this I mean the cuts in the FH are not facing perfectly up, its turned on a littler too far)

Will it still be fine to use with the HALO as long as the FH is straight on the barrel?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Take it off, peel a layer off the peel washer and reinstall it.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Peel washers have layers, remove the flash hider peel off some layers, and reinstall attempting to index it properly.  If it does not index properly repeat the process and peel more layers off.  You will know when you have the washer thin enough to index the flash hider properly.

ETA.... peel washers are cheap buy several and you have no worry about screwing up.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#3]
thats my problem, I forgot to add that I put rocksett on it so its pretty much stuck.

It's either it stays on or I replace the barrel

yes I'm a retard at times!

I know the FH is concentric to the barrel...its just not indexed properly.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Does rocksett heat to a point where you can unscrew it?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does rocksett heat to a point where you can unscrew it?

I believe its like 1000 degrees.

I'm thinking as long as the FH is on straight I should be ok since the HALO doesn't really index to anything in particular. It looks to be a cosmetic issue with the can off...which it will never be.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#6]
While Rockset is high temp it is not high strength, you should be able to wrench it off, unless you just went nut as to how much you used.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
thats my problem, I forgot to add that I put rocksett on it so its pretty much stuck.

It's either it stays on or I replace the barrel

yes I'm a retard at times!

I know the FH is concentric to the barrel...its just not indexed properly.

Why do people use rocksett to install a FH?  I have never seen one shot off if it has been torqued to 15-20 ft lbs.  Adding the suppressor doesn't change that.

Your issue is cosmetic and it doesn't matter how the slots are aligned as far as the suppressor but it would bug the shit out of me.  I'd take it off with heat or however, buy an A1 FH and torque it right up to the barrel shoulder without a washer at all.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Rocksett is good to 2100 degrees I believe.   As has been stated it is high-temp, not high strength, you should be able to get it off.  If you don't care about the indexing leave it be, or replace with an A1 FH.  You can also put a little heat to the peel washer, makes it easier to remove the "flakes".
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I shot  one off an M60 once........
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Rocksett is good to 2100 degrees I believe.   As has been stated it is high-temp, not high strength, you should be able to get it off.  If you don't care about the indexing leave it be, or replace with an A1 FH.  You can also put a little heat to the peel washer, makes it easier to remove the "flakes".

This is what I was looking for, as I really don't care a whole lot about indexing on it as long as it isn't going to affect the HALO's alignment.

Thanks for all the input guys
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, your alright.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#12]
had to take of a Yankee FH for a m41000 the other day, with rockset

had to heat it to about 1000 and it was a bitch to get off, but it did work
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top