BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So Steve you'd see no problem putting a can even as long as the 3rd on a correctly threaded barrel with no collar?

Hm...

Interesing idea then because the 15th and 16th would then work the same way.

I want an Ops but I've got a 5.45 bulgy on the way.  I would just assume get a G5 that I can use on both...

NO, you can not just throw any OPS can on without a locating shoulder. On braked models the suppressor would thread on until the brake ran into the first baffle.

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#2]
steve made it sound that way- top of page 2. no collar
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:56:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am looking for A can to put on my AR. i was wondering what people feel is the quietest can to use.

Honestly, the little round is near impossible to make quiet, even more-so on an AR.
I've got a TAC-16, and my buddy has an SPR-M4.

Side by side - you can barely tell the difference.
HONESTLY!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EeWGJ6GSwA

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't tell a difference by using a piston upper.
I have tried my Raider on a DI gun and two different piston systems, POF and Ares and the only benefit I have noticed is less gas out of the receiver.
To me that was all I was going for.
I haven't metered anything but to my ear there isn't a difference.
YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am looking for A can to put on my AR. i was wondering what people feel is the quietest can to use.

Honestly, the little round is near impossible to make quiet, even more-so on an AR.
I've got a TAC-16, and my buddy has an SPR-M4.

Side by side - you can barely tell the difference.
HONESTLY!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EeWGJ6GSwA

I'd guess that video is 3 TACs and one YHM.

Just a guess though.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"I want to weld caps onto 8 inch by 1.5 inch tubes." rslivers
Hmmm, he was asking about welding  --- 8" long x 1.5" dia. --- I get it, he's in the dildo business !!

Wait a second, I thought the silencer tests gang was banned from this sight... as juvenile and stupid as that was?

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'd guess that video is 3 TACs and one YHM.
Just a guess though.

No, the 1st is a Tac-16
Second is a YHM
Third is an AAC M4 2000

4rth is a home-built.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top