Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2007 5:11:45 PM EDT
Well starting work on getting an SBR, and now I have a few questions for the experts here:

First, I want to get a suppressor(preferable less then $1000), that will run well on a LMT 10.5, and that I could also use on my other 5.56 ARs.

Now is there something that will be safe to fire w/o hearing pro on a 20in barrel and work well on a 10.5?

I would also like something that could work well with a .22 conversion, but I could live with out that.

I don't need it to be able to handle FA, but that would be nice.

Edit:  Size and Weight are not a concern.  POI shift is not a major concern, this would be more a range toy and to make the 10.5 upper more pleasant.

My dealer is recommending the gemtek M402, and while that looks quite nice, I would just assume have one like the Halo, or something that has a FH mount so I don't have to remove the FH, and so forth.  I wouldn't have a problem with sending off all my uppers to have the flash hiders replaced, or put on with peel washers, etc.  Any suggestions?

Thanks
-Postal
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been giving the AAC OMNI a lot of thought...
No expensive f/s to swap out, 1 piece design, looks fairly bitchin'
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
How does the OMNI compare to the Halo?
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#4]
How about the YHM?
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've been giving the AAC OMNI a lot of thought...
No expensive f/s to swap out, 1 piece design, looks fairly bitchin'

i've said it before...i love my omni.  shot it next to a specwar and couldn't really tell a difference in sound.  if i had it to do again, i'd still have the omni.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Does the Omni need the flash hiders to be mounted on a peel washer?  I know the halo does, but what about the Omni?

yes, you need a peel washer...no big deal.  you won't regret an omni.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:25:22 AM EDT
[#7]
anyone?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am looking at getting a silencer for use on multiple AR's. The AAC Omni says that "The innovative mounting system of the OMNI allows users to index the silencer on the wrench flats of the issue flash hider." I have a Bushmaster with a 14.5" barrel and the Izzy compensator welded on which seems to have the "wrench flats" described above. Does anyone know if the Omni and/or the Halo will work with my Izzy comp? Thanks!

I seriously doubt an Omni would work on a Izzy comp. Email AAC just to make sure though. They were very fast with answering any questions I emailed them.

Here's an image of my 10.5 LMT with Omni.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Double post.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks. Does anyone know off hand a suppressor that WILL work with an izzy compensator or am I just going to have to limit my suppressor use to a new upper..? i was really hoping to be able to interchange between my current rifle and the next one i build (SBR). Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:37:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thanks. Does anyone know off hand a suppressor that WILL work with an izzy compensator or am I just going to have to limit my suppressor use to a new upper..? i was really hoping to be able to interchange between my current rifle and the next one i build (SBR). Thanks again.

Why don't you just have the comp removed and the barrel threaded to accept an A2 flash hider. Then you can use an Omni or Halo with it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Not the cheapest option, but the new Vltor f/s would work well.
The shoulder is further forward than any extended/pinned f/s.
(His bbl. is a non-sbr 14.5" - an A2 would be a no go.)
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Not the cheapest option, but the new Vltor f/s would work well.
The shoulder is further forward than any extended/pinned f/s.
(His bbl. is a non-sbr 14.5" - an A2 would be a no go.)

Now he has a definately excuse to get an SBR (not that you should need one).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top