Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2007 10:58:07 AM EDT
I have a P226 Blackwater with a threaded barrel that is just beggin for a suppressor. Any suggestions as to what I should get? Anything I should look out for?

I am a noob and know nothing about suppressors so any help would be appriciated greatly.

Thanks gentlemen.

Pics are appriciated also.

Link Posted: 4/13/2007 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#1]
You have two good options:

• AAC Evo-9

• SWR Trident

Link Posted: 4/13/2007 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Any preference between the two?
Any good references I should check out that would teach me about cleaning and how to maintain a suppressor?
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#4]
My buddy, M4-Tuna, has a Gemtech Trinity that is quite impressive on his 229.  

I have an Evo on my 226.  Both get the job done nicely.  I am sure any quality can will do the same.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I have an Evo on my 226.  Both get the job done nicely.  I am sure any quality can will do the same.

www.johnnyego.com/firearms/suppressor/sigc.jpg

Nice pic!

Where did you get your threaded bbl?

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a Gemtech Trinity with a LID.  Works like a charm.  Great company and customer service.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.johnnyego.com/firearms/suppressor/sigc.jpg

Nice pic!

Where did you get your threaded bbl?

Came with the Sig.  In fact, I bought the Sig because I have been having some difficulty in getting a lefty metric barrel for the USP Expert, and I got tired of having a suppressor and nothing to mount it to.   It's a factory Sig 226R with factory lefty metric barrel.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Do the factory sights clear the can?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:29:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Do the factory sights clear the can?

No, unfortunately.  On the Evo, the front sight is more-or-less level with the top of the can, so it's not terrible.  Sig has an awesome set of high profile factory night sights for the Sig 220 (tactical) that would clear most cans, but I haven't seen any for the 9mm.

Subjective user experience, but the first time I used the can, it was dry and I was using supersonic ammo in the bright sunlight.  The combination of factors lead to a heat mirage effect that made the front sight pretty much worthless.  Shooting wet slows it down a bit, as does shooting subsonic ammo.  In the dark indoor range, I've never noticed it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the replies! I did know it was legal to own a suppressor in WA but I was unaware that it was illegal to use it in this state. Several of you really saved my ass there.
I am still planing on getting a suppressor just haven't figured out which one yet.
Another question for ya. If I am ever inspected by L.E. and my suppressor has carbon in it can they charge me for that even if it was NOT fired in this state? Also is there anything I need to be aware of when crossing into Oregon to use my suppressor?

Thanks again Gents.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top