Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2002 4:31:13 PM EDT
My girlfriend's dad gave her an Italian Walther PPK clone made by Bernadelli, in 380 of course.  We took it out and shot it with no problems.  I brought it home with me to clean it up and check it out a little more and I cannot figure out how to disassemble the thing!  Glocks and 1911's I know, but this thing is very different creature.  I really hate to ask, but if anyone on the board can post the basic steps to disassembly, I would be grateful.  If I could even figure out where to start to remove the slide, I'd probably be able to figure it out from there.  

Thanks!
Sam
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Unload of course.  Remove the magazine.  If it is identical to the PPK it will have a trigger guard that is hinged right next to the magazine release.  Pull the trigger guard down.  If it isn't a full PPK-clone, there should be a disassembly notch or latch in front of the trigger guard.  Press down the notch or latch (or keep the trigger guard down) and pull the slide all the way to the rear as far as it will go and lift the rear of the slide up off the rails and slowly ease it forward off the frame.  That's as far as you need to go with it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I suspect it disassembles like a Bernadelli Model 60 (which isn’t a PPK clone).  Try this:

Make sure it’s empty, remove mag, put safety on;

Depress takedown catch (elongated, serrated button on frame behind left grip panel and butting up to the slide);

While depressing catch, pull slide about 5/8 th’s inch to rear, then lift rear of slide up and away from frame;

Ease slide forward off the barrel.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 7:12:48 AM EDT
[#3]
199, you are correct

I was trying to think of something to compare this pistol to since I don't have a cam to take pics for you.  I thought it looked a lot like a PPK but it does in fact disassemble just as 199 suggested.  Thanks for your help!!  

Sam
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top