Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2002 12:54:54 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with eagle or generic 17rd. mags. If the internals are poor quality can they be replaced with factory follower and spring? Any info will help before I purchase some.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
CDNN is selling these turds for 12$ a piece right now, the Eagle mag is the WORST looking Beretta mag I have ever seen!  I gave one a good eye f*cking at a recent gun show and I can honestly say I have never seen a more poorly made magazine.  If you want some cheap 92 mags try pro-mag, the asian contract mags that cdnn has or shop around on the net for used factory mags. At a recent show I bought two NIW military mags dated 1988 for $30 each.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:19:16 PM EDT
[#3]
You can't put regular follower and spring into these mags.  They use flat snail spring that coils to get 17 rounds into em.  They suck.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 10:42:20 PM EDT
[#4]
anybody have any first hand experience with the asian military mags?
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a friend that has a 17 rnd generic mag (probably Promag or USA .. NOT Eagle) that he uses in his Border Marshal.  He doesn't understand why I buy those over-priced 15 rnd factory mags because his 17 rnd mag has worked flawlessly.

As to finding NIW factory or GI mags for $30 ... that was a steal and would be hard to come by.  Most used 15 rnd factory or GI mags in very good condition run around $30-35 in the Equipment Exchange forum.

Although I don't have any of the Asian contract mags, I've read nothing but good reports on them.

LL
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone heard of buying 10rd berretta .40 cal mags I heard they will hold 15rds of 9mm, might not be legal though!
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Although I am extremely tempted to buy one (how can you lose for $12), I will avoid getting burned and stick with promag 15's. Thanks for the help, you probably saved me from a BIG dissappointment.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Has anyone heard of buying 10rd berretta .40 cal mags I heard they will hold 15rds of 9mm, might not be legal though!

You can do it. They fit and function. I don't think you can cram in 15 rounds, seems like it is 12 or 13.

I'm not saying using a .40 mag in a 9mm is a good idea. I always thought if you wanted a 15 round mag you bought a 15 round mag. If you want a 17 rd mag for the 92, buy a Mec-Gar 17 rd mag.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top