[#3]
The explaination is on the main page of Oly owners page at

http://www.oa2.org
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:17:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#5]
OK, that was funny...  

Seems to me that if the Avila's want to associate themselves with manufacturers on their site that actually contribute to the AR15 "mystique," then it is their right to do so on their privately-owned business.

Much the same way that OlyArms chooses to associate themselves with the "low-end" crowd on their privately-owned business.

Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The real explanation is that OLY Arms decided not to advertise here,and their forum was closed.

Works for me.  

(I'm so concerned I didn't know they were gone.)
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Everytime I see an Olympic Arms post I anticipate a fight.

Why is that?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Good riddence IMO.  Better than Hesse though.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:34:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe they're taking some time to learn some basic customer service skills.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey, if you put together an AR clone manufacturer with ASA's customer relations skills, Olympic Arm's claims of world domination, Hesse's quality and Nesard's complete disregard for the law...

Well, it would be unstoppable!
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Speaking of mergers, the rumor going around now is that Oly is gonna buy out Hesse Arms so that they can gain ground on their machining methods!  Now we know where Oly got the idea for their Plinker series.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
http://www.oa2.org

I wonder who paid for that site?

Hhmmm, maybe Todd from Special Weapons purchased Oly & Hesse, a website like the above seems like his style???
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Much the same way that OlyArms chooses to associate themselves with the "low-end" crowd on their privately-owned business.

What "low-end crowd" is that??  I have never had any problems with Oly's products.  Unlike Bushmaster's. . . .
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
... Nesard's complete disregard for the law...

I'd love to hear the story behind this.  I saw the mention in Unintended Consequences about BATF nailing a character who was apparently supposed to be Jerry Drasen (nesarD's owner), but never heard about why.

FWIW, Drasen's daughter-in-law was pretty hot.  I used to go by their table at Lake County just to say hi.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#15]
i dont get any of it, i say give them a forum and let them take their lumps.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 1:32:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Just curious...is Colt now advertising on the site?
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 3:32:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't know if Colt has the resources or intelligence to advertise or give guidance on a site here.
They seem to be too busy milking Govts and LEOs to have anything to do with us.
cpermd
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:41:00 AM EDT
[#18]
71_Hour Achmed,

There was a thread on on the "Build It Yourself" section the other week that outlined the history of Nesard, Sendra, M&A and Model 1.  I had always heard that they were related by blood, marriage, divorce etc. and that thread really cleared things up.

In a nutshell, Nesard was selling SBR kits with receivers, 11.5" barrels, 5.5" flash suppressors, and instructions of silver soldering and blind pinning.  

Anyone else know more?
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
There was a thread on on the "Build It Yourself" section the other week that outlined the history of Nesard, Sendra, M&A and Model 1.

Danke, Herr Schnert!  Wissen Sie einige Wo"rter in die Themazeile?  Ich kann keine Themen finden mit "Nesard" oder "M&A" darin.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Good riddence IMO.  Better than Hesse though.

Shit I would own a Oly over a Colt any day.  Colt from the get has sold out the AR15 people with there sear blocks large pivit holes etc.  Pay for the name if you want.COLT But hey thats just me.  You have a point about Hesse though I will give you that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#21]
71-Hour_Achmed,

That thread might have been deleted.  It was chugging along until someone mentioned Olympic Arms and then ka-bam!  Two board members just started going after one another tit for tat over Olympic Arms and government contracts.  You know how it goes:

Member A:  "They make super secret weapons for the Delta Forces!"

Member B:  "No way!"

Member A:  "Yes way!"

Member B:  "No way!"

Member A:  "Yes way!"

Member B:  "Show me!"

Member A:  "You're a dork!"

Member B:  "Say, aren't you an Olympic distributor?"

Member A:  "That's beside the point... and ya know what?  You're a TROLL!"

According to legend...  Dransen owned both Sendra (lowers) and Nesard (parts).  Nesard became infamous for selling anything to anyone no questions asked and no records kept.  This in turn angered the ATF.  When Drasen sold Sendra lowers with Nesard CAR-15 kits (11.5" tubes and removeable 5.5" suppressors) the ATF had what they needed to put an end to the business.  The family split (divorce?) and that spawned the birth of M&A and Model 1 Sales.

Can anyone else locate the thread or retell the Drasen story?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top