Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2002 8:04:45 AM EDT
Looking to purchase a very good to good M1 Rock Ola carbine. Any offers?
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:14:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Just curious, but why Rock-ola?  No, I don't have one for sale.  My Inland is a member or the "never sell" collection (as opposed to the "trade bait"collection).  

Neat little guns.  Shoot mine in the Garand Match at Perry last year and actually improved my score over the prior years efforts (with the 1917)

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:21:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Just browsing the other day and saw this one.

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=3264861
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:49:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looking to purchase a very good to good M1 Rock Ola carbine.

OT: I don't M1 Carbs, but for people who don't know what Rock Ola is, the company used to make juke boxes. You put your money in this machine, and the machine has a bunch of vinyl records and you would select a tune by push a combination of letter and number.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just curious, but why Rock-ola?  No, I don't have one for sale.  My Inland is a member or the "never sell" collection (as opposed to the "trade bait"collection).  

Rock Ola is one of the harder ones to get. It has a unique history being they are jukebox manufactures. I have an IBM and want to add the Rock Ola to the "never sell" collection. Both of these companies had no interest in manufacturing firearms or the machinery to do so, until cash in the way of a government contract came along.
IBM made some 346,500 Carbines in an 11-month span, Rock Ola made 228,500, as opposed to the easy to find 2,625,000 Inland division carbines produced. In a 38-month race to supply our WW2 troops with M1 carbines 9 major manufactures (including GM, Singer, Union Switch and Signal, United Shoe, Intertype Corp., Quality Hardware) and 1,620 subcontractors produced over 6 million rifles.
So it's not the rarest M1 carbine (Saginaw Gear Grand Rapids S'G' 223,620 Irwin-Pedersen 3500 Commercial Controls [1 documented])
but more interesting than others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top