Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2002 5:07:54 AM EDT
Group,

I would hope that most of those here know that I have a Webpage that has a ton of information about the 300 Whisper.  I am in the process of consolidating all of my webpages to a new IP and this includes my 300 Whisper pages.  Please drop by if you haven't visited in some time as I have discovered that over the years that some of my content wasn't always transferred from webpage to webpage.

www.Quarterbore.com

As a update, which many may have forgot, I was in the process of building an 300 Fireball upper (Olympic Arms Clone of 300 Whisper) and a number of people talking about how their uppers just were not working well and the obvious problem was in regards to the gas system.  At the time, adjustable gas tubes were just becoming available.  After considerable back-and-forth communication with Olympic Arms about just what I needed to do in order to assure that the upper would be able to handle both supersonic and subsonic loads (I will add with with no help from Olympic Arms) I sold the Olympic Arms stuff swearing to never buy another Olympic arms product.  

At that point, I contacted JD Jones at SSK industries and that is where most of the information on my webpage came from.  I had planned to buy an SSK upper but priorities changed and I ended up building a house and then buying an M-16 instead.

Now, almost three years later, I am ready to go full circle and finally add a 300 Whisper or clone to my collection.  I know that the issues regarding the 300 Whisper gas system has been solved through the use of adjustable gas system.  Now, I must be honest that I haven't been watching the adjustable gas tubes over the past couple years so I don't know who has the newest or best.  Just the same, I know Fulton Armory sells an adjustable gas tube.  See www.fulton-armory.com/AGT.htm.  Please advise if you know a better adjustable gas tube for this application or even if you use ANY adjustable gas tube and how you like or don't like it.

The other thing that I have heard that may be necessary is increasing the size of the gas hole in the barrel.  Can anybody here advise of their experiences in this regard?

In addition, I used to know if you need more or less gas flow for subsonic vs. supersonic loads.  For the life of me, I am not sure but I think the Subsonic loads require less gas (smaller gas hole) than the supersonic loads.  Can anybody here advise if this is correct?  

As an aside, I know Kurt here on the forums has made a number of his version of the 300 Whisper and I would love to here any comments on how your upper is built including details on whether or not you have an adjustable gas tube and if your upper works with both supersonic and subsonic loads.

www.kurts-kustom-firearms.cityslide.com/pages/page.cfm/426610

I am asking these questions so that I can update my webpage as well as put this information to use as I am finally planning to have a 300 Whisper upper built and then add a silencer.

Thanks for any advise or help!
www.Quarterbore.com

You may E-Mail me at:  [email protected]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top