Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2002 6:30:18 PM EDT
i need help here.  i want one of these rifles.  which one? i will shoot at the most probably at about 500 meters, maybe a tad more, most of the time less.  so which one?  how accurate is the fluted barrel of the LTR?  i dont want detachable mags, can you get that in the LTR?

thanks

Link Posted: 2/10/2002 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#1]
For 500m or less, I'd say that there will be little to no difference in accuracy between the two.  The LTR definitely weighs less, which is a big plus.  Also, I don't think detachable mags are being manufactured anymore in either model due to feeding problems.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Look back a few weeks we hashed this out for Busmaster007.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
 Also, I don't think detachable mags are being manufactured anymore in either model due to feeding problems.

Robar can adapt your hinged floorplate to accept M14 mags.  For $700+
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#4]
SkaerE- You can always have the barrel cut down to whantever length you want on the 26".  I guess see what stock feels good in the different positions you want to shoot the rifle in.  I don't think you could go wrong with either....just personal preferences.

Doug  
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#5]
i had a rem 700 VS, shot like a dream, sucked to carry,

i think im gonna go w/the LTR.  wheres a good place to get one?  what price range?  (about $650-750 i figure)

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Look back a few weeks we hashed this out for Busmaster007.

"...Sho' 'nuff did!"  
Thanks, y'all.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#7]
It's depend on what you want to do with that rifle.....If you have to carry it all day long i.e. hunting then the LTR is for you.  I bought one for that reason....light and accurate.

Here are a few link for you:

www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4sale.cgi?read=37296

www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4sale.cgi?read=37273

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Had a 700 VSSF in .308. Loved it, but sold it to take a chance on the shorter, lighter LTR. Shot a 3/4" group at 300 yds last week with the LTR with handloads. I think it's a keeper.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Hello,
I have a LTR 308 D.M. i have had no trouble at all out of the detachable mag and i really prefer it also , its a fine rifle the factory trigger is set to high, so you need a trigger job . recoil isnt bad at all , the rifle aims very well offhand . my rifle shoots  under a half inch at 100.
here is 2 pics the first one is with the factory stock the rifle weighed 11 lbs. loaded. the second pic i turned the rifle into a HTR it weighs in at 17lbs loaded.
but have a Pss in the works so i will return the rifle back into the LTR package.

scope M1 LR
trigger Timney
base & rings Badgers

TargetShooter2

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I own a Remington 700 PSS w/ Detachable Mag.  Its a nice piece but for same amount of cash, you can buy a rifle that is better in accuracy.  Fulton Armory sells the bolt action sniper rifle.  I've read articles on several gun magazines and it shoots awesome.  Gun Test was one of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top