Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2002 12:39:24 PM EDT
I need to find a SoCal source for high quality,low-cost lead .45 cal. bullets to reload.  I prefer the "moly-coated" or "Black" type bullets, as they leave less lead in the barrel.  My local source moved to Vegas.  FWIW, I'm ~50 miles East of L.A.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#1]
dogcaller - I am in the same boat as you are.  I use to buy all my moly'd lead at Quality Bullets (is this who you are referring to?), until they moved Nevada.  They were great - they would sometimes leave my order in their front porch and I would pick it up and slip a check under the door.  I have also not found a local supplier.  My last order of moly'd lead was mail ordered from the fine folks at Georgia Precision.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
dogcaller - I am in the same boat as you are.  I use to buy all my moly'd lead at Quality Bullets (is this who you are referring to?), until they moved Nevada.

Chuck & Londa of Quality Bullets were perpetually harasses and haraugned by the city of Riverside. I miss them too, but the main reason they are not selling bullets anymore, is because the person that made their bullets died.  They gave us some pretty good deals.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 1:40:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I have some .357 and .40 moly-coated Quality bullets if anyone's interested. Sorry, no .45 cal.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#4]
It was called Quality Bullets, but I used to pick them up in Ontario, not Riverside.  Good bullets at good prices.  My friend had the foresight (and fund$) to buy 10 or 20 K of them at a time, but he’s not selling!  Ugh.  Anyone else?  What do you reload in .45 lead, and can you get it in SoCal?
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're ever in the San Fernando valley, stop by the Reloading Center (on Woodley just south of Parthenia). They only carry reloading equipment and supplies and are open 7 days a week. Cliff, Jim or Gary will get you fixed up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top