Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2002 1:09:38 PM EDT
Picked up ammo,about 6,000 rnds. Only one guy had good prices compared to everyone else. Most of his stuff was Wolf , 500 rnds of .45 for $60.
1000 rnds of .223 for $100.

Also got a new "toy". Tell me if I done good or not.
Picked up a Cemte for $450. Don't know much about them , but it was something I didn't have.
Don't need much more of a reason to buy something,  do I?

Well, how'd I do?
Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Okay,let me have it
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
coming home with a car load of stuff always gives me that warm fuzzy feeling  

I've seen a CEMTE for the same price.  dont know how that price fairs, would be interested in knowing too!
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That price doen't sound too bad to me. Let us know how it shoots. What kind of ammo did you get at the show?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Some people love CETMEs, some people don't.  Some of them are excellent, some of them are buggered-up junk that needs a lot of work.  Of course the original Spanish CETME is fine (as long as it wasn't run over by a truck or left in a swamp), I am referring the American bits and pieces that get on there due to our current laws.

Did you get the paddle rear sight, or the turret type like on the G3?  Post a pic if you can.  Range report, interested to see how you like it.

[shameless brag] I have a pre-ban all Spanish CETME (MARS import), which is very cool.[/shameless brag]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Chairborne_Ranger,
I'm an idiot when it comes to this weapon.
When you say "paddle rear sight" , do you mean it resembles...for lack of a better way to put it ....a paddle on a paddle boat? I think that's the best way to put it . Then ...Yes.

And it appears to be a "bits and pieces" weapon.

Can't post a pic. Going to the range first thing in the morning.

chrishag,
thanx for the sites. haven't looked at 'em yet ,but all help is welcome.

One problem so far. The mag that came with it seems to fit OK, but the 2 mags I bought extra won't go in. It looks like the "lip" that catches the mag catch needs to be filed , maybe a 1/16th of an inch.
Now comes the fun part...take it apart and clean the "grease" outa it.(can't spell the "C" word)

Will let ya know, after I get back from the range tomorrow, how it does.

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#6]
You got it for an average price.Southern Ohio Gun has them for $369 now.To that you would have to add your dealers charge for doing a FFL transfer,$20 +or- and then add state taxes.

Windage and elevation are done on the front sight on these weapons.You may/probably will have a problem with the weapon shooting way to the left or right and not enough adjustment in the front sight.Just send it back to Century(I did)and have the idiots fix it.Call Century and get a Return Authorization #.It will cost you postage only but make sure you cry and whimper and tell them you need a couple of mags for your trouble.

Tapco has great deals on mags.Pick up some mags now,they are dirt cheap.Gunboards is a good site along with HK91.com---look under HK Clones.I love my Cetme.The wood is beautiful on it.It's a pain to have to send a new weapon back but once you get that over with you'll have a rifle with the VERY reliable HK delayed blowback action for about 1/4 the cost.It's not a HK,but you're not paying HK prices either.

Good Luck and hope you're one of the lucky ones and don't have a problem with you're sights.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:One problem so far. The mag that came with it seems to fit OK, but the 2 mags I bought extra won't go in. It looks like the "lip" that catches the mag catch needs to be filed , maybe a 1/16th of an inch.
Now comes the fun part...take it apart and clean the "grease" outa it.(can't spell the "C" word)

I think you want "cosmoline"?

I have a G3 parts gun, great fun to shoot. A good hint, however: when buying mags at gun shows, TAKE THE RIFLE!!!! I went thru several mags with mine that would not lock into place. At $40-45 a mag, I would've been pissed!!!! Hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top