Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2002 9:24:51 AM EDT
Is Mitchell Aarms still around, or were they bought up by Uberti?
They were making revolvers, alot of SAA copies.
Can't find them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is Mitchell Aarms still around, or were they bought up by Uberti?
They were making revolvers, alot of SAA copies.
Can't find them.

If it's the same "Mitchell" that imported the AR, AK stuff in .22 cal they're history.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Among their other junk, Mitchell made the worlds worst Mini-14 30 round mag.  It had the wrong curve.  Held next to a Ruger, PMI, even a USA mag, it was curved with a much shorter radius.  It would feed the first 10 or 12 rounds, then the rounds would come up tail low, and the bolt would strike the middle of the case, denting them quite badly, enough not not chamber.

Nothing could make these function.  Bad design.  I have to wonder if Mitchell actually tried to fire these themselves?  Normally the Mini-14, if nothing else, will function 100%.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#3]
As I understand it, Mitchell Arms is no longer in business.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:33:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't this them?
www.mitchellsales.com/
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know about mags, but I do know that they  produced an exceptional copy of the Colt SAA.  THey offered it in a variety of calibers, including 357/38 spl...in a bright nickel finish.
The one I saw was in 45LC/45ACP (2 barrels) and the fit & finish were excellent.  THe wood to metal fit was exceptional.
I looked through their sight about a year ago, & now it is gone.

Campy,  if your friend has any of these SAA's laying around (since he is picking up pieces) let me know.

Skammy, that site is a poor imitation of what was.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Campy, I had also heard that they [the frames at least] were produced in Italy.  Rumor was that they were from  Uberti..possible, but I don't think so.
I'll have to go back to the local shop here that has one.  It's in 45LC w/ a 45ACP cylinder as an added extra.  I really wanted this in 357/38spl so I can shoot the cheap 38spl all day long with no kick.
They made a real  nice nickel finish.  I guess I waited too long to get one.  I have never seen one on the 'net in 357/38.  At least not with the 4.5" barrel.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:41:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Thans, CAMPY for the update.

Ill keep watching the website to see where they take this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top