Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2002 12:27:56 PM EDT
Where is the best L1A1 that $500 can buy?

--Thanks
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Where is the best L1A1 that $500 can buy?

--Thanks

the consistent response I get from this one is that the best $500 FAL is the $1000 one. I'm saving my shekels as we speak.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Spearweasel, I had that same inkling myself.  I just wished it wasn't so on a budget like mine.

But, quality is important.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Does it have to be an L1A1?  Dan's Sporting Goods sells an Imbel based FAL for $675 that is considered pretty good.  See www.falparts.com/firearms.asp
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
My brother and myself both bought the M444 Imbel FN-FAL from Dan's in the past month. They pretty much like new and an excellent value for a contract type fal.

Quick info.

Imbel of Brazil is the last remaining FN contracted FAL producer in the world. The M444 core parts come from disambled military contract pattern 50.00 fal's. The complete parts are rebuild on another Imbel semi auto type III reciever with a US internals, US copy Belgian short combo brake and US copy pistol grip by Liberty arms. These are IMHO the best FAL you can buy for the least amount of money. From what I gather from the falfiles.com, these (and good quality parts for that matter) are drying up fast. New preban metric mags clock in at $8-$10 each. Nato 7.62 surplus comes in at around $140-$160 per 1000 or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top