Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2002 10:36:39 AM EDT

while on a trip to pick up some UMC .40 ammo that the local shop had on special 50/$8.99, i somehow also left with a used ruger 10/22.

it was the basic blued, wooden stocked model that had been pretty well accesorized -extended mag release, match type sights, flash hider, synthetic shroud, leather sling, two ruger 10 rounders and 25rnd hot lips. with tax and paperwork fees it was out the door for 300.00.

when i do the math it doesnt seem like a bad deal, but because of the impulse buy i'm not too enthused about it. i'm almost inclined to get rid of it. i guess i'm feeling that i'm overloaded on 22lr. (i also have a marlin papoose and an ar-7 that i picked up at auction.)

has anyone ever bought than almost immediately turned around and sold?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:38:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I would say buyers remorse has hit us all at one time or another.

Keep it, take it to the range. You will find you will be happy with the purchase. Especially since you have the high capacity mag.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:42:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I've felt bad after every gun I have bought.  I guess its because I can't really afford them.  I've never taken them back though.  The bad feeling goes away after a while.  I think many people here experience this.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:53:39 AM EDT
[#3]
10/22s are great fun. Take it to the range with a brick and have a blast. It will make you feel better about your purchase. Lots of accessories for them too. To hook up ith some guys that are obcessed with them go to:
www.rimfirecentral.com
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:54:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Look ashamed!  Feeling bad about buying another gun?  And then, to compound matters, you admitted it on a gun forum.    
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've felt bad after every gun I have bought.  I guess its because I can't really afford them.  I've never taken them back though.  The bad feeling goes away after a while.  I think many people here experience this.
Bill3508

Ditto, and Amen.  You have no idea how therapeutic it is to hear this.  Glad to hear I'm not the only one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#6]
The average anti-gun scum would read these testimonials and conclude we are all nuts. I read them and just feel at home....
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Only 3 rifles in 22lr. "SHAME, SHAME, SHAME ON YOU" I only have 7, that's right 7, 10/22's. 5 Rem. singleshot 22's, 4 Marlin 22 lr's, 1 Kimber Mdl. 84, with a SVT on the way. Keep buying them & shot the s$$t out of them. Cheap to shoot, fun, and everybody from the three year olds up can shoot them!!!! I buy most 10/22's that come my way if the price is right. I usually don't see high cap. mags, and when I do I won't usually pay the price for them. But, I already have a fair supply of the 25 round Butler Creeks. As already mentioned, take it to the range and see how it shoots, if not to your liking then sell and move on.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#8]
My 10/22 has been sitting in the safe after I bought the ciener ar15 .22 conversion with a few 30rd mags.

BUT I got some colibri's and have been shooting that bad boy every day out my back door. Way too much fun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top