Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2002 5:27:58 PM EDT
yup, just bought one. i am really impressed with it's handling properties. pre-ban with lots of mags. screw the money, i want to shoot the hell out of it and pass it on to my son.
what parts do i need to keep it running? favorite ammo? what parts do i lube? i know there are a lot of you guys out there with them, so i thought i would ask here. please give me your honest opinions and advise.
thanks
willy

willy
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Range report on that one!

Anyway, I have never even shot one, but one thing I have heard is that they are susceptible to light primer hits.  Also I don't know why no military uses them except Austria, Australia, and, I think, Morocco.

But who cares about that?  It still is very cool.  Let us know how it works for you.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#2]
freewilly, bought mine about 2 years ago used, but looks brand new. Have put almost 1000 rounds of Win, .223 through it without one malfunction. Have 5 30 round mags and picked up a 42 round at the last gunshow for 100.00. Like you say, who cares? There are only so many mags and guns imported so why not? The gun is a blast to shoot once you get over the slightly un-nerving feeling of the ejection port being right next to your eye. Plus, everybody who saw "Die Hard" will want a crack at it just to say "Hey, I shot an AUG!" As far as spare parts, the PJS website might be able to help. The stuff's getting pretty scarce and only more $$$$ as time goes by. A great shooter and a rare foreign gun to my collection. I know, you just had to have it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top