Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2002 2:27:07 PM EDT
It took a little grinding with the dremel, but it wasn't too bad.  I found that only the rear part of the handguards really interferes with the A.R.M.S #38S-EX.  So if you decide to do this yourself, don't grind away too far forward!  Keep testing the fit until you get it just right.

Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Can M4 hand guards be purchased straight from Colt?
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know.  I got mine here: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=84183
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Tanks, I'll have to talk to Pete.  The reason I asked is because I got a set from GunSmoke used, although I don't recall them being advertised as such.  Anyway, my M4gery is mint except the handguards, and I noticed yours look a little nicer than mine.  BTW, were they tight as hell going onto your new Bushy upper?
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#4]
They weren't tigh at all...after I shaved some plastic off the back end  Just take a dremel and shave about a dime width's off the end closest to the receiver.  The bushy handguards that were on there took about an hour and lots of cuss words to remove.  After I shaved the Colts, I took them on and off about 3 times with no problems.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Let me say this, my Colts are on, and have been on for about 7 months straight.  I haven't even bothered trying to get them back off.  I'll give it a go one of these days when I have nothing better to do, and don't anticipate having to use my thumbs for a few days .  I had no trouble getting the Bushmaster shorty guards out, as they were so flimsy.  I like how solid the Colt guards are, and they're in there so tightly that they don't budge at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top